Menu

IVF chat?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

little squishy Posts: 559
Hi Just wondering is anyone else going through, been or planning IVF? I've just finished my first one and currently on the tww! I was on the short protocol. We had been ttc no.2 for two years and started investigations last oct. Did 3 rounds of clomid and then decided to just go straight to sims. And for anyone thinking of going, they have been absolutely brilliant. We met with them in February. I'm 32 and dh is 35 Turns out my AMH was 6, so very unexpected. Following that found out my left tube is also blocked so we decided not to bothe IUI and just straight to IVF. We got scanned with around 15-17 follies and then managed to retrieve 9eggs. Out of which 5 fertilised. We were planning to do a five day blastocyst. So after very long five days, five had survived! I had the transfer yesterday, we decided to transfer two. Doc said that the two were excellent and top grade. Got the call this an to find out we were also very lucky to also have two more excellent quality to freeze!! So now I'm on the horrible two week wait! Would love to chat to others about their experiences
Martina85 Posts: 156
Hi little squishy Fingers and toes crossed for you!! I just had my egg collection yesterday! 20 eggs 17 mature and 11 fertilised! So I'm waiting for the transfer day then the dreaded 2ww! We are with Merrion Fertility, they are brill in there too!! Baby dust to you, let me know how you get on xxx
bride03 Posts: 361
Hi I m on the dreaded 2ww as well. We only had 1 to transfer day 6 blastocyst so I'm nervous that it sticks!! We got a positive last yr but had an early miscarriage .
Hi martina, That was a brilliant fertilisation result! It's so nerve wrecking isn't it? Is this your first attempt? Very best of luck bride! Well you know what they say you only need one good one. How many days are you in now? I had the transfer on sat. So sorry to hear about the miscarriage I can't even imagine how awful it must have been.
Hi i had the transfer last tues. Had crampy pain last nite so v nervous now. We are ttc bout 7 years. This is our 6th cycle.
Martina85 Posts: 156
Yes this is our first attempt. It's ICSI that we are doing. Delighted with the result. So nerve wrecking though... Oh lord Bride, fair play to you going through so many cycles. Very best of luck to you xxx
Oh the very best of luck bridie! Its so nerve wrecking alright! How have you been feeling otherwise? The cramping could be positive too. fingers and toes and legs crossed for you! When is your blood test? Have you even thought about a pregnacy test. Martina that's great are you having a three day or five day blast transfer? Have you decided how many yet? Yea have to say I was alright until after the transfer, it's so nice having a constant plan and appointments ect to keep you occupied but now I've this horrible wait and I feel so helpless!
Yeah it's so nerve wrecking I have no symptoms feel no diff. Blood test is bank holiday Monday. I m going to test sat and Sunday but I'm hoping to hold out to then. I agree at least with apps and scans u know something happening and u r planning now it's just wondering. I took last week off so getting back into normality now. Martina u got great numbers fingers crossed. When will ye transfer? Little squishy when are u due to test? How are u feeling
Smilinmaz Posts: 446
Hi ladies, can I join you? Hopefully you will all be happy with your bumps by the time I get to your stage. Just found out that dh has very low count. We will prob be doing icsi in next few months. Have to wait for him to have dna bloods and see urologist first. The waiting is such a pain! Hope you are all doing well
pink bubbly Posts: 47
:babydust: to everyone I had my transfer last friday 1 egg back and 1 frozen, 1 miscarriage last year (non ivf) and 1 princess at home who is nearly 4. :custum59 6 days left before test day. I am observing all cramps and tweaks dont know what I should be feeling. Feel normal and hoping for the best. Let us know how you get on.. fingers crossed.