Menu

IVF/IUI BFPs how we doing?? - Page 246

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

McDaisy Posts: 917
Hope the scan went well Anon?! Still feeling wiped out and sick here so holding out hope that 2nd trimester will bring relief! Was great having 12 week scan - it was lovely and clear, and reassuring to see our little one again.
anonwithissues Posts: 254
Hi McDaisy, scan went well. I was less than 6 weeks at the time so they couldn't see much as they just did an external one but baby is in the right place and they ruled out an ectopic so that was a relief. Have appointment next Tuesday with obstetrician and another scan probably. I'll be almost 8 weeks so hopefully they can see more. I was disappointed in the doctor I met treated me like I was 100, going on about the dangers and asked me 3 times was it a donor egg. I'm 40 in a few weeks but still feel good and look after myself well. She would have preferred if I was younger and smoking my brains out outside the hospital. I hope our paths won't cross again! Have you finished taking progesterone McDaisy? That doc put me on aspirin also.
Mrs Decemberbride Posts: 4337
McDaisy congrats and Anon congrats to you too! Why I'm not getting any notifications I've no idea. So glad you both going so well. Question for you both did you do FET or was it full cycle? How many did you implant and was there many drugs in advance? Sorry to pry. Db X
Thanks Mrs Decemberbride. It was a fresh cycle and I had two blastocysts transferred. There was lots of drugs involved during the process as I did the long protocol. Started with Decapeptyl injections and estrofem tablets, then menopur and gonal f injections. It's a long process but after a while you don't even think about the injections and get into the routine. Are you thinking of starting IVF?
Mrs Decemberbride Posts: 4337
Our first is Icsi she's only 4 months so won't be going just yet but it's on my mind when it was such a hard and long journey did similar cycle as you did. We have 2 on ice so wondered what's involved in FET imagine I might try again at end of year. Time not on my side I'm almost 36 and know it might not happen immediately. Never a dull moment. But I'm throughly enjoying our new little lady, a little sleep deprived but very happy.
Aww congratulations on your little one. You are right to be prepared. I've never done an FET so not sure what's involved but I'm sure it's a lot less invasive. I also have 2 frosties on ice after the cycle we've just done and will be going back for them when this baby arrives please God in December. My DD will be 3 and a great big sister! This seems a good explanation for FET: https://www.shadygrovefertility.com/res ... -explained Seems to be just getting the lining right and thawing the embryos. A lot less stressful than a fresh cycle I would think.
Service Finder
little squishy Posts: 559
We got our bfp after our first IVF cycle two weeks ago! Getting scan next week cannot wait! We transferred two 5 day blasts so bit nervous to see if one or two stuck!!! I'd be delighted either way obviously! We also have two frosties so we'll how we go with this first!
little squish, many congratulations on your BFP. You must be over the moon. I also transferred 2 blastocysts but only one sac visible when I had my scan. I would have been delighted with twins either. Double the fun! Do you know your EDD yet? Maybe January is it? Are you taking progesterone? Mind yourself. The first trimester seems endless but we'll all get there please God and meet our little ones soon.
McDaisy Posts: 917
Great to hear scan all good Anon! I got the same craic at the Anyenatal clinic - listing the Downs syndrome stats and acting like I was ancient ! Not bothered anyway, I know I'm Happy to be here! Decemberbride ours was fresh cycle, long protocol, Day 3 transfer of 2 embies. We had no frozen ones from first cycle or this one. FET is much much easier on you - you are both lucky to have Frosties in store! Huge congrats little squishy! It's such an exciting time. Good luck with your scan! First trimester has been pretty tough here- sick and wrecked with a non- sleeping 18 mo... Roll on that 2nd trimester I say!
suitcase of hopes and dreams Posts: 2932
Hello lovely ladies Hope everyone is well Been alongtime since I posted here, and many years since I started this thread. Never did I dream I'd be mammy to 2 beautiful boys, 6 yrs and 7 months, life is crazy busy and I've never been so tired but wouldn't change a thing. Only for IVF we wouldn't have our little family, feeling very grateful these days Enjoy your bumps ladies and those precious newborn snuggles :heartbeat: :heartbeat: