IVF

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Beibhinn Posts: 51
Hi all, Could anyone tell me how much does IVF cost? My hubby and I are getting our results next Tuesday and I'm just curious if we need to go down this route, how much this treatment will cost. Thanking you all. Beibhinn.
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
Hi Beibhinn, I could be wrong but i think it's around €4k - try searching around google and see what you find. I found this for Clane: [url:16d5m8jy]http://www.clanehospital.ie/ivfprices.htm[/url:16d5m8jy] Was it bloods and semen analysis you had done? Good luck with everything.
Hi Mrs. Peg, Yeah both tests done, awaiting our results on tuesday 19th Dec. I just want to have some research into costs just incase we do need to go down that route. I check your website. Thanks a mil.
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
Hi Beibhinn, No problem, i was the same. I've had bloods done (all ok) and DH is getting his sa done next week. I think i have endo (spotting before af), so will have to go for a laparoscopy, hopefully dh's results will come back ok. I'm preparing myself for all eventualities just in case! Good luck with the results.
Good luck to you to. Hopefully we get want we wish for soon. Take care.
shoegal Posts: 323
It is expensive, approx the price listed but you can claim a lot of it back in your tax, if needs be. Best of luck and i hope it won't come to that. Take care xx
mumtobe Posts: 145
I had a laprascopy & DNC done the end of August this year , got my next period & then got pregnant straight away. We were 3 years trying & were due to have our 1st appointment for IVF in Feb. So fingers crossed , will say a prayer for you. IVF costs approx 5k I have my scan nex wk & cant wait.
Hi mumtobe, Congratulations. Good luck with your scan. Very exciting times ahead. Take care Beibhinn.
sally Posts: 1140
Just to say best of luck tuesday...... hope it goes well for you. I got a great book Zita Wests guide to getting pregnant, it goes through lots of stuff and there is quite a lot on IVF if you are going down that route. It also covers the basics of TTC and diet and nutrition, id recommend it. Fingers crossed for you.
sally Posts: 1140
Just wondering how it went for you today?