Jackie Skelly Fitness

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Chococat Posts: 1632
I'm thinking of joining the gym & as Jackie Skelly is the closest to my house it is the obvious choice. Has anyone been to this gym? My main worry is that it is overpriced? I'd ring for an appointment but I keep thinking of that episode of Friends when Chandler & Ross were trying to quit the gym. :o0 I'm scared
Take 2! Posts: 403
i was in Jackie skelly for a yr and i hated it!!!! first you have to make an appointment to get a programme done - they will only do have a programme with you at a time so you have to make two appointments to get a full one and i had to wait 3 wks between them cause they couldn't fit me in!! i had been in one of ben dunnes gyms before this and if you were sick of your programme you could just get a new one done there and then so having to wait weeks to me is a joke it was a very badly laid out gym too and managed to look smaller then it was and you just faced a plain white wall all the time, there was only about 10 tv in SJ's gym and they were always turned to news and sports!!! in BD's you have a tv on almost every machine and can put it to whatever you want.............. and there was the price difference too!!! am now back with BD! i know ppl who are in SJ cause of location and they have never paid full price, they haggle with them and they say they will leave if they don't do better - if you friend or someone is going too then definately do this
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
Skelly's is three times the price of Ben Dunne's gyms.
love struck Posts: 1125
xx-Sweetheart-xx Wouldnt go near them with a barge pole dirty and completely target driven and the head lady will tell you herself they are there to make as much profit as possible and feck the service, I know all companies need to make a profit but they tend to try balance it with the level of service members receive not jackie skellys, you pay enough for your gym fees you should at least have great customer service.. What part of the country are you in have worked in the lesiure industry so may be able to advise!!
love struck Posts: 1125
xx-Sweetheart-xx Wouldnt go near them with a barge pole dirty and completely target driven and the head lady will tell you herself they are there to make as much profit as possible and feck the service, I know all companies need to make a profit but they tend to try balance it with the level of service members receive not jackie skellys, you pay enough for your gym fees you should at least have great customer service.. What part of the country are you in have worked in the lesiure industry so may be able to advise!!
ohsotired Posts: 7071
Agree with previous posters - I would stay away from them!!! I was with them for 3 years - around this time 2 years ago I was trying to get a new programme done for the new year, new me - first appointment the girl was so hung over & absolutely stank of drink. Half way through she said she was feeling too sick to continue so I had to book again. Next day I went down the instructor had rang in sick (diff instructor) so I couldn't get it done. Third time I went down for it (originally booked in Jan and at this stage it was Feb) the instructor wrote out the exact programme I had previously and gave it to me on a new card. Told him that I already did this programme & there elements of it that I just wasn't doing because I found it too hard and wanted something to replace these elements as I wasn't getting a full workout. Basically a bit of an argy bargy ensued - basically told me how dare me question him, he is the professional etc. He was practically shouting at me and the people on the nearby treadmills all turned to look at what was happening. I ended up back in changing room in tears. H2B told instructor he had no right to speak to me like that and instructor told him that I was obviously stupid if I thought I knew more than him - H2B nearly decked him!! Anyways, long story short we never went back. Rang numerous times to complain and wrote letters - never heard anything back at all. Literally not a word. That day we went to a hotel gym near us and signed up there - have been with them since! Wouldn't go back to JS if I got free membership for life! End of rant! :o0
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
J.Skellys wouldnt be my cup of tea, way over priced, would rather get out for a good walk
2crazy Posts: 1478
I was a member and hated it, went for my appointments and the trainer was a moo. when signing up they say your trainer will be on your back the whole time to make sure you are coming in, I never got a call, neither did my friends who joined with me.
NewGirl Posts: 1143
Was a memeber for 2yr and 3 mth after I joined for the second yr I found out i was preg and simply knew I wouldnt use it so asked to defer my membership for 12mth and they wouldnt entertain it. I know 2 ladies in two other gyms who had no problem defering their mship. I do think they are way overpriced but they are practically on our doorstep so very convenient. Also they wont give you any information over the phone and constantl ring to get us to rejoin.