Jeans!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

windycity Posts: 2241
Hey girls, just wondering, in America, what jean size is a size 10, 12, 14 etc How do you find Topshop jean sizes? and do you find they shrink?? HATE shopping for jeans O:| Any suggestions on where has the nicest, most realistic sizes? Would really appreciate hearing about your experiences with some brands xx
AuntieD Posts: 760
Hey there. not sure about the US but I'm a 20 here and found lovely dark jeans by Julien McDonald in Debenhams....even been complimented on how my behind looks in them by a female colleague ha ha. They are nice though
Mrsdm Posts: 1136
In america they are 2 sizes smaller so a 6 in america is a 10 here and an 8 is a 12 etc. Im tall so hate buying jeans as they never fit :(
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
I hate Jean shopping with a passion O:| O:| O:| I find next jeans great, the shape etc hold well
JustBecause Posts: 3242
I hate jeans shopping but discovered that Lee jeans suit me best so I just stick with them
come dine with me Posts: 306
oh the dreaded jeans!! O:| have wide hips and big fat knees so its awful trying to find nice jeans. last few years have been buying the 'garnet' jeans in oasis and they are just the best ever, dont need to try them on just get my size and always perfect.
RainbowNinja Posts: 4437
[quote="bridalboo":1m3hw8j0] How do you find Topshop jean sizes? [/quote:1m3hw8j0] i find topshop jeans a good fit but they do shrink upwards! i buy all my jeans in topshop as has a 36" inside leg and cant find jeans long enough elsewhere!
windycity Posts: 2241
oh Pebbles youre so lucky with a 36 inch leg! would love love to be taller .. I havent bought jeans in 2 years :-8 I always wear the same 3 pairs... just hate shopping for them! I like the American Eagle ones alright. Will check out Oasis, Next and Topshop tomorrow ... not looking forward to it. Think Brown Thomas may be out of my price range
LuckyYear2013 Posts: 3972
[quote="bridalboo":1zgdxycb] Think Brown Thomas may be out of my price range[/quote:1zgdxycb] well jeans you find in BT's are half the price in the US. You go go in BTs and suss out your size in the jeans for your hols they normally go by the inches of your waist rather than a UK size
Rubix Posts: 692
I would recommend Sevens or Citizen of Humanity. They are expensive and I wouldn't buy them here, but they wear well, wash well and give you a fantastic shape. I get my jeans when on holidays in the States or I have family that travel over and back. I don't mind investing in good jeans as I practically live in them. I saw on Off the Rails if you divide the price of the clothing by the number of times that you would expect to wear it then you can justify the cost. I have spent more on dresses that I have only worn once. Good luck with your shopping