Jigabyte - ceile band

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

blueeyedgirl Posts: 26
Anyone ever heard of this Ceile band? Think its led by Barry McGrath previously of the Celtic Music Agency? Thanks B
Oldmaid Posts: 25
Came across this while doing a search. I have a sample CD of this group and they sound fantastic. I would like to book them I think, for the ceremony and drinks reception. Did you find out anymore, hear them live or book them? He took ages to send out the CD and hasn't replied to my latest email so little bit concerned. Thanks
blueeyedgirl Posts: 26
Hi there Old Maid We got married a week ago and used Barry McGrath and his band Jigabyte. He split from the Celtic Music Agency when he moved to Kerry and so he usually does South and Tommy from CMA does North. I have never heard so many compliments for a band in my life - they played a mix of ceile, irish ballad/songs, soft rock and kept the dance floor totally full the whole night. His fiddle player Brendan was amazing too...Barry then did the DJing and wasn't fussed about the time at all..it took as long as it took...would totally recommend. If you want his details Jigabyte is on this website or I can pass you on his email address - he's very responsive...he is the singer on the Celtic Music Agency website..they stilll seem to have his vocals.....excellent, excellent, excellent...
Oldmaid Posts: 25
Great, thanks for that. It's good to hear such positive feedback. Congrats btw :thnk