Job Interview - Why do u want this job?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

busybee07 Posts: 959
Hi Girls, Im hoping you can help me. I was let go out of my job in July and have my first job interview next week. The recruitment agency went through the job with me and the company etc and told me to prepare for the job. One of the questions she said ill be asked is why do you want this job? I cant really answer coz ive nothing else! What do you answer to this question? Any help greatly appreciated. I really want to get this job?
Kermette Posts: 924
I want this job because I believe it holds great prospects for me. I'm dedicated and dilligent in everything I do but at the end of the day I'm looking for a career not just a job so I want to work in an environment where I can use my skills to their full potential and I feel like I will be able to do that here. Your company really interests me and I can see myself having a fantastic future here A bit lick arsey but sur that's what you have to do
curliwurli Posts: 3369
emmm, because the kids need new shoes!!! :o0 sorry i think Found_My_Kermit's answer was very good, something along those lines is best.
Thanks Found my kermit! Thats a great answer to the question. Loads of studying for me over the weekend, really want to be prepared for this interview on tues so i have the best chances of getting it!
Desiderata Posts: 286
Its a silly question because most people just want a job and thats it! But some answers are as follows: I have always wanted to work for your organisation / company I have heard excellent reports from people about your org/company I know that I am ready for this job I feel that although there will be challenges in the beginning I know that I can overcome them and make this job my own I feel that I am a good fit for this job because of my skills/qualifications/work exp I know that I will contribute positively to your org/company Can't think of anything else at the mo, Good luck! :wv
Kermette Posts: 924
no bother - best of luck with the interview and let us know how you get on Fingers crossed for you *)
Thanks girls. Yeah i like the idea of telling them coz babs needs nappies etc, dont think that would go down well thou. Like the other suggestions better, think they might sound better. Will do, fingers, toes and eyes crossed for me!
Just found out a friend of mine is going for an interview with the same company!! She has a fecking job at the mo!
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
Best of luck busybee. That is odd about your friend. I hope you get it. I have been out of a job about a year now.
wedded bliss Posts: 303
..Because I am aware of the company's great reputation & I feel that working here would provide me with opportunities to progress in my career and prove myself in my role