Jobs in Aldi?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bubblybride2010 Posts: 1490
Hi Just wondering did does anyone work here, or ever go for a job interview here , ive heard they hold group interviews, Area Manager sounds great, Car, Pension, Brill Salary etc..
RainbowBright Posts: 1425
Worked in Aldi Head Office a few years ago. Area Managers tend to burn out after 2 years...they are worked to the bone. Really long hours etc...the salary and benefits might sound great but you want to have a life outside of work don't you? Very militarised set up altogether. I am glad that I am out of there. No bending of the rules in any way shape or form. I was going through a really hard time in 2005 and I was off work for 2 - 3 weeks and when I went back I was grilled by a Gestapo like man and told that "did I realise I was conveniently sick before and after a Bank Holiday Weekend"? Told me that he'd be watching me from now on. Another time I was asked why I didn't bring a dirty cup and saucer out of one of the bosses offices - he wasn't there to clean up (his words). So I gave them the 2 finges and left.
bubblybride2010 Posts: 1490
thanks for that, was thinking it sounded too good to be true!!!