Joint Speech?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrsmac2b2012 Posts: 46
Folks, OH is annoying me already about speeches and being nervous. I'm considering doing away with them altogether but then I thought maybe we might just do it together (if we practice well) it could be funny and do all our thank you's together. has anyone done this? How did it work out as I can't find any samples on the net. I know we could just write our own which we will but I wouldn't mind seeing a few before we start! :thnk
Rocksie80 Posts: 4045
My OH doesn't want to do a speech, so I am going to do it instead. He's not into being on show at all, and while I am not keen on being centre of attention myself, I'd rather do it for him than have him worry about it. I love the idea of doing it together- it's not something that I'd have thought of.
vidia Posts: 2960
I think its a lovely idea, am kinda sorry I didnt think of it myself!!! My hubby was not looking forward to the speeches either.. Go for it I'd say!!!
Bazinga T McBinkers Posts: 4718
I think that sounds like a nice idea! I made a speech during the night and it was longer than my OH's, my dads and BM speech together. Actually my BM didn't make a speech, just announced both my OHs and my dads speech, both lasted about 2/3 mins before the meal and mine lasted 5 later that night as I thanked everyone for coming etc . I am bored of the whole speech thing so thats why we done it our way so there was hardly any speeches :o0 :o0 I love to hear an alternate to speeches (which can be long drawn out and boring at times) so think yours sounds perfect!
mrsmac2b2012 Posts: 46
thank you all!thats decided it then. that's what we'll do. we're also doing them at the drinks reception before the meal and as the venue is over two rooms,we're gonna just do them on the stairs. Angel Doodle I totally agree - short and sweet is best! If anyone comes across an example anywhere they might let me know. I've loadsa time anyway to start scribbling :) :yelrotflmaosmilie: