July 2018 Brides

Go to All Things Wedding

dmcphotography
WOL Network

Re: July 2018 Brides

Postby dmcphotography » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:20 am

Hi all,
I am not sure why photographers wouldn't take a booking for 2018. For the last 3-4 years I regularly get bookings for two to two and a half years in advance.
At the moment I already have 15 bookings for 2018 and 30 for 2017 with appointments set up to meet another 8 couples getting married in 2017 and 4 more getting married in 2018 .

I limit the number of weddings I photograph each year to a maximum of 55 in order to deliver on my promises of top quality and all photos fully edited and ready to view within 4 weeks maximum after your wedding. So based on the last few years I am sure it will not be too long before my diary for 2017 is full and by this time next year 2018 will probably also be fully booked.

I allow 4-5 working days for each wedding between pre-wedding meetings, engagement shoots, photography on the day of the wedding, post wedding editing, album design and layout and delivery of albums etc. So the price you pay with me is not just for the photography on your wedding day (normally 12-14 hours on that day alone), it is for the full service that I offer and because I am fully registered and tax compliant the taxman gets his cut through VAT and income tax.

Fifty to fifty five weddings a year equates to about 250 days, I try where possible to take Sundays off and 3 days over Christmas so that leaves about 60 days a year to deal with emails, enquiries, updating photography skills, attending wedding fairs, updating website and Facebook and hopefully fit in a short break away during the year.

I look at my pricing and fix it in advance so that there are no nasty surprises such as a clause that allows for price increases. The price advertised on my website at the time of booking is the price you pay for your wedding photography and that is confirmed in your contract.

If you are looking for a full time professional wedding photographer that offers a very friendly relaxed top class service to capture the atmosphere, the emotions and the craic of your wedding in a very natural manner then why not check out my website.

http://www.dmcphotography.ie/weddingfavourites2015

http://www.dmcphotography.ie/packages-available

The photo below is from a recent wedding.

If you like what you see give me a call to see if I am available for your wedding date and if so we can meet for a chat about your plans.

David McLean
http://www.dmcphotography.ie
[email protected]
ph. 0860684415
Attachments
By the stream.jpg
By the stream.jpg (60.26 KiB) Viewed 577 times
Last edited by dmcphotography on Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

futuremrskelly
New Wolly

Postby futuremrskelly » Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:28 am

LucyFortune wrote:Omg I am so happy to see this thread! I am getting married June 2018 and I have the venue, photographer, some decor and band booked & I feel like everything has just come to a standstill!

I'm delighted to hear I am not the only one who's super prepared :yelrotflmaosmilie:

Welcome aboard LucyFortune!

Same as yourself I have Church, Venue, Photographer, Video & Band booked, soooo happy I'm not the only one, as most reactions when I make enquiries are that I am very organised I'm beginning to think I'm a little OCD!! :o0 :o0 Thinking about booking a wedding car maybe and that will be it then, the dress can wait until nearer the time!

nervous&excited
New Wolly

Postby nervous&excited » Fri Jun 10, 2016 6:38 pm

welcome welcome lucyfortune :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll

So great that there are more 2018 brides joining in! Im meeting Ruth Foran and her husband on Tuesday night. Really hoping we like their style and get them booked. I was in a bit of a rut, not wanting to do any planning but im kind of getting in the zone again!

Has anyone spoke to car companies? Are they taking bookings for 2018 yet?

LucyFortune
New Wolly

Postby LucyFortune » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:00 am

futuremrskelly wrote:
LucyFortune wrote:Omg I am so happy to see this thread! I am getting married June 2018 and I have the venue, photographer, some decor and band booked & I feel like everything has just come to a standstill!

I'm delighted to hear I am not the only one who's super prepared :yelrotflmaosmilie:

Welcome aboard LucyFortune!

Same as yourself I have Church, Venue, Photographer, Video & Band booked, soooo happy I'm not the only one, as most reactions when I make enquiries are that I am very organised I'm beginning to think I'm a little OCD!! :o0 :o0 Thinking about booking a wedding car maybe and that will be it then, the dress can wait until nearer the time!

Thank you! I know! I like to have things planned out and I now feel at a loss LOL :yelrotflmaosmilie: We are having the ceremony in the hotel as well as the reception which is so handy. Everyone I speak to about it are astonished at how on plan I am Hahaha. I suppose I should just sit back and enjoy :hyper: :lvs :lvs have to say I am on a diet which I started 8 months ago in preparation so at least I have something to do in the interim haha xx

futuremrskelly
New Wolly

Postby futuremrskelly » Mon Jun 13, 2016 6:49 am

I'd rather be organised than in a panic closer to the time! I booked my make up at the weekend.. She has a good few brides in for 2018 already, I didn't feel so bad then! Ive lost a lot of weight and am at my target at the minute.. its harder to control that than to loose it...

nervous&excited, I messaged a wedding car company recently but they haven't got back to me yet.

nervous&excited
New Wolly

Postby nervous&excited » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:35 pm

Any word on the wedding cars futuremrskelly?

Flower Store
futuremrskelly
New Wolly

Postby futuremrskelly » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:59 pm

nervous&excited wrote:Any word on the wedding cars futuremrskelly?

Yep nervoucs&excited, I have it booked! I had enquired with a few companies for some quotes and they were all happy to oblige. Hope your plans are coming along nicely :xox

March2018
New Wolly

Postby March2018 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:09 pm

Hi Everyone,
Like you all we are having our wedding in March 20118 (Paddy's Weekend). So far we have our church and hotel booked and in the process of booking the band.
Time seems to be flying by and I am looking forward to getting to go dress shopping etc next year :)

futuremrskelly
New Wolly

Postby futuremrskelly » Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:14 pm

Welcome March2018 O-O
Looking forward to going dress shopping myself, watching "say yes to the dress" on repeat! So exciting.

I have a lot booked, only things really left to book are cake, flowers, suit hire, hair, invitations..

futuremrskelly
New Wolly

Postby futuremrskelly » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:32 am

Hows all coming along with the 2018 plans?

PreviousNext

Go to All Things Wedding

Weddingsonline.ie Ltd, Swords Business Campus, Balheary Rd, Swords, Co. Dublin.
Tel +353 1 905 9680 Email: [email protected]
Registered Company No: 318585 VAT Registration No: IE6338585T