Just booked

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MrsBraxton Posts: 4662
2 nights in monart spa! We got vouchers as wedding present so have been dying to use them! Going end feb, can't wait!!
streaks Posts: 3592
Oooh very nice! That's a nice pressie, nice to have something to look forward to! We got a voucher for the village at Lyons and went for dinner last weekend, it was divine! Looking forward to going back again :o)ll
aston Posts: 4100
Oh enjoy that, I always wanted to go there! I booked a couple of days in Aghadoe Heights for us, something to look forward to. We are not going until the summer cause I am back in college and DH will be working but it is something to look forward to! Enjoy it, say it will be fab!
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
Oh enjoy SorrentoWife!! :o)ll :o)ll
Bellisima Posts: 3583
Very jealous. supposed to be amaaazing. You'll have to do a spa weekend report when you come back :o0 , its on my list of places Id like to go...
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
Oh wow!! That's something very nice to look forward to...and a very nice wedding present! It must be the "back to school feeling"....we booked our holiday for Easter during the week...heading off to Dubai for a week!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Yeah v excited!! We got engaged there and as soon as I sat in car to go home I said we're defo coming back here! But with wedding and 7 other weddings last yr never had time or money to go back down. Caitf84 Dubai - v jealous!! We were there over Easter few yrs ago and it's AMAZING!! Absolutely loved it! Make sure you save up and buy yourself some jewellery!
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
[quote="SorrentoWife":2qajkxc0] Caitf84 Dubai - v jealous!! We were there over Easter few yrs ago and it's AMAZING!! Absolutely loved it! Make sure you save up and buy yourself some jewellery![/quote:2qajkxc0] Thanks...can't wait! Oh wow...I hadn't thought of jewellery - thanks for the tip! Any recommendations on hotels? We just have our flights booked at the moment so looking for a nice hotel but its soooo confusing as the city seems really big :eek
Had reply typed out and site crashed (again! ) when I was just about to send it!! Basically you want a hotel preferably in the Jumeriah area, more central to city and most sights etc are that end. My sister went there about 2 years ago and she got a serious deal on a hotel. She rang hotel directly and got a huge discount on their advertised room rate! Theres few things that are good to do when there: *) afternoon tea at the Burj Al Arab hotel - has to be booked in advance and is dear enough but the hotel is worth seeing. Total luxury and extravagance! *) Desert safari - you go in a 4x4 and driver takes you up and down all the sand dunes in the desert. Its mad, driving out to the desert you pass camels on the side of the road like sheep here. V arabic! Then after theres a party type thing in the desert for everyone with food, drink and camel rides, belly dancing etc. *) Wild Wadi water park - really cool water park *) Shopping!! :o)ll Massive massive shopping malls (Mall of the Emirates is one with the indoor skiing). Beside Mall of the Emirates theres a gold and diamond park and loads of jewellers in there. When we were there we had friends living there and apparently a good jeweller (according to them and loads of others living in Dubai) is a jewellers called Cara Jewellers (also have a shop in Galway as far as I know) and the value (well was when we were there) is fab!! Enjoy!! :o)ll
LastRolo Posts: 6892
Oooohhh very nice! You lucky duckling! Hope you have a great time :o)ll