Just did test - SHOCKED - NO CLUE

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
hi just wanted to say big congrats, i dont really know about hosp but if you make an appt with your doc he/she should lead you in right odrection congrats
MrsOBrien1412 Posts: 3971
Have no advice just wanted to say congrats !
swissgirl Posts: 2301
Congratulations!!!! :o)ll
AliB Posts: 59
First of all - congratulations! And don't worry, it is only normal to be in shock for a few weeks! Don't have much advise on the hospital thing, other girls here I'm sure will have more info though - personally I'm just going public, but that is mainly because like you I haven't got a clue and don't even know what a consultant actually does. My doctor too was very laid back, they honestly don't seem bothered about seeing you at all in the first trimester. At first I felt a bit neglected but then I thought sure do i really want to be trekking to the docter every few weeks anyway so it's grand. Anyway the main thing is just relax and don't panic! It will take a while for the news to sink in and in the meantime you can soak up all the good advice from the girls here!
Angel2 Posts: 787
A huge congratultions to yourself & your DH. Hope you have a happy & healthy nine months. The very best of luck to you. :thnk
twinssep Posts: 1242
just wanted to say congrats i had my twins in holles st and highly reccomend them see my post on pg two the care i recieved was fab good luck O-O
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Bambinno welcome and congratulations! I'm also going public in the Rotunda, like you I lived abroad for years and never got round to getting health insurance when I came back, By the way, sorry to say, but it's probably too late for you if you haven't already signed up for VHI or whatever, I think they all make you wait 12 months BEFORE you can avail of their health insurance. I choose the Rotunda because it's the nearest one to me simple as that. If you read up on them to be honest you'll probably hear good and bad stories about all of them. My GP was also very relaxed, then again, we're pregnant -- not sick ! Don't forget to take your folic acid though if you're not already doing so. Hope that helps :wv
NotHere Posts: 10273
Belated Congrats :o)ll
Princess consuela Posts: 1480
Just saw this now - no advice sorry but huge Congrats
LJMom Posts: 1100
bambinno I have pm'd you. Meant to say call the private clinic they will explain to you the difference between private & semi private call 01 8742115 :wv