just did test

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

goldie2 Posts: 76
hi i just did test and found out was pregnant..... was not planned... only starting to build house... getting married june 2008... this is so bad timing...i am so scared. can tests be wrong i have no symptoms at all apart from missed period....
Hepburn Posts: 4081
A missed period is a very big symptom Goldie... Congratulations. I know you must be shocked but it will all work out ok. You have plenty of time to prepare and your baby will be a lovely age by the time of the wedding! Have you told your partner yet?
Elliecat Posts: 2725
As someone said before - there's rarely a perfect time to get pregnant. My sister got pregnant while building their house, she just had to make sure she tried to stay as stress free as possible. Its probably just a bit of a shock at the minute, give yourself some time to get used to it. As Nantes said, your baby will be a lovely age by the time of the wedding - good luck with it all and congratulations
little mrs sunshine Posts: 5523
Don't be scared this is great news. Timing can be an issue always. I'd like to congratulate yourself and H2B. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll lucky duck
Duffers Posts: 1841
Id like to congratulate you both. Hope everything goes well for you both the house and wedding. These things sort themselves out, plus you may even have a little flowergirl or pageboy at your wedding...how cool would that be?!
goldie2 Posts: 76
Thanks i just dont know what to think i am all over the place...yeah told partnet... he is as shocked as me...not exactle the valentines gift i was hoping for!!!!
Duffers Posts: 1841
Oh ya,forgot bout Valentines Day (well not really but forgot bout ur news being a Valentines gift)! Keep us posted......
Hepburn Posts: 4081
Give yourself time Goldie. As another poster said there is never a perfect time......Try to allow yourself a tiny bit of excitement along with the shock of it.
mammybean Posts: 10364
hi ya. i have been in the position where it was an accident. you will get used to the idea. it will all work out. i would suggest though thinking of doing your dress shopping before getting to big. as you will need to give them time to order. i was trying for a baby and i am getting married july next year. dont stress too much over it
Sphynx Posts: 6795
congratulations! It is wonderful news even if it seems scary now. There is no perfect time for having a baby and we often wish we had started before we had everything "in place", i.e a house and wedding behind us. It will work out somehow - remember people have babies and manage even in terrible situations. This could bring you so much joy! Try to relax and let it sink in gradually. Hope you will be joining us over on the October mammies thread for some extra support. :xxx