Just fell on my belly...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

searchingforBFP Posts: 111
Girls, I am in an awful state. I really hope I am over reacting. I am 18 wks pregnant. I was doing something downsatirs a while ago, and I got a little bit annoyed that I couldnt get the thing I was doing to actually work...any way, I decided to walk upstairs and calm down. I amnot showing, I am not huge I barely have a bump......but when I got to my bedroom I fell belly first down on the bed........I dont feel any pain, but I got more upset then thinking about what I have jsut done. Part of what I did was out of frustration and the other half forgot I was pregnant if that makes sense. I am so worried but feel no pain. Any advice for me??
Gingham Posts: 3014
try and not worry Searching you will be fine. It is just the shock of it all. Your baby is well wrapt up inside you...think it would take more then falling on the bed to cause any harm....if your not in pain I wouldnt worry. Take it easy for the rest of the day
fxfor3 Posts: 2347
Try and calm down and take a few deep breaths . If you just feel on to the bed then im sure your ok. your babs is well insulated and the duvet and mattress on the bed are soft so its not as if you fell on a hard surface or down the stairs. If you are still worried why dont you ring your maternity hospital and they will tell you if you should come in or not.
hipbaby Posts: 4530
[quote="deliriouslyhappy":3rxjzvi5]try and not worry Searching you will be fine. It is just the shock of it all. Your baby is well wrapt up inside you...think it would take more then falling on the bed to cause any harm....if your not in pain I wouldnt worry. Take it easy for the rest of the day[/quote:3rxjzvi5] exactly babies are well cocooned in there! My mam fell down the stairs pg on me and i turned out ok...! www.hipbaby.ie
mrsodo Posts: 1292
Hi Searching, as the other posters said try not to worry, the probability is you are absolutely fine. If you're feeling a bit nervous about it phone your hospital or the on-call doctor, they will be able to put your mind at ease. Hope you feel better honey *)
Finished here Posts: 2860
Oh you poor thing but as the others said i am sure everything is ok the baby is well cushioned and the bed is also soft, the stress is probably worse than the fall. Try to take it easy and not let things get on top of you. If you feel any pain or cramps call the hospital in the meantime rest and have your oh pamper you xx FF
lmc1978 Posts: 423
you poor thing.you must have got an awful fright.... i did this going up the stairs once and right into the step with the bump.... im sure you're fine if you fell onto the bed?? if you're still worried tomorrow call your gp but i reckon you're fine. the baby is well protected in there.... hope you're ok.... x
mooky Posts: 1501
Hi Searching I did the exact same thing about 4 weeks ago (would have been 28 weeks with big enough bump). i was having back pain and my DH said he'd give me a massage, so I went upstairs and threw myself down on the bed belly first, totally forgot about the bump as I was so excited about getting a massage. I really scared myself. But baby has been kicking away as normal, so I'm sure its all fine. Try not to worry.
zoey Posts: 1574
You poor thing - you must have given yourself a terrible fright but I'm sure you'll be absolutely fine. Little babs is so wrapped up in ther he probably didn't feel a thing. My mam was painting (probably laden with fumes) and fell off a ladder when she was 7 moths pregnant with me and I turned out fine (well 99% anyway :o0 :o0 ) Put your feet up for the rest of the night and I'm sure that after a good nights sleep you'll feel a lot better. If you're still worried maybe pop into your doc tomorrow and ask to listen to the baby with the doppler. The sound of his little heartbeat will put your mind at rest. HTH :thnk Zoey :lvs
Joleigh Posts: 4242
You fell on the bed which is soft and your baby is well protected in side you! He probably thought he was on a bouncy castle :wv Try not to stress!