Just found out I am Pregnant, and only married

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Missy2012B Posts: 35
Hello Ladies, I am new to this forum, I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant. I am 27 and I am only married 4 weeks, this is a Honeymoon baby literally. I have not seen the doctor yet, but I am more worried about what people are going to say about me being pregnant already.. and I am only married. Anyone else went through this, or am I being Silly.
ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
What exactly are you worried about? Plenty of people have honeymoon babies. There is nothing to feel embarrassed about at all. Congrats!
sept2012bride Posts: 218
first of all CONGRATS :o)ll :o)ll secondly i really don't see what there is to be worried about? I have a 2 and a half year old and am only getting married in Sept this year.
Shells Bells Posts: 650
I agree with Regina, there's nothing to be embarrassed about! I know lots of couples that have had HM babies, some planned for, some not. Once ye are happy that's the main thing and frankly it's nobody's business but your own! Congratulations! Hope you've a healthy pregnancy!
Mari yay Posts: 4045
Don't mind other people, I'm having a honeymoon baby as well and I know others. It's nobody's business at all! Congrats and have a healthy 9 months!
mamajen Posts: 2263
Congrats! People will think what they want to think, lots expected us to come home from honeymoon pregnant but we waited a year to try! It's nobody's business. Enjoy it all :o)ll
Missy2012B Posts: 35
Thank you all. I suppose I am worried about my mother, and my sisters. I am the youngest girl of 3, and my older sister is married 4 years now, and no babies.. she is 30 this year.. and now I am going to blow a bombshell that I am pregnant. Husband says not to be worrying about it, but It's still new, not even used to the idea yet. I just hope now everything is ok.. Is it ok to tell my mother in the next couple of weeks, I won't be able to keep it from her till end of August.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
[quote="Missy2012B":tfaodo9v] I just hope now everything is ok.. Is it ok to tell my mother in the next couple of weeks, I won't be able to keep it from her till end of August.[/quote:tfaodo9v] Tell people when you are comfortable, it's totally up to you.
happy mummy Posts: 424
Congrats!!! Our DS is a planned honeymoon baby, as I'm sure a lot of babies are, and he's the best thing to happen to us EVER! Yes you will probably have to listen to everyone saying "I KNEW IT!" when you tell them you're pregnant but their opinions don't matter! And as for your eldest sister not having any babies yet, maybe she doesn't want any yet, and even if she does and is having trouble TTC what are you supposed to do? Put your life on hold until she has a baby first? Don't worry about what anyone's reactions will be - most will surprise you! I was fully sure my mother's reaction would be delight seeing as I'm 30 with my DH for over 10 years but she just went into complete shock :o0 Kept saying it was her "baby having a baby" :o0 Congrats again and best of luck telling family and friends. We told parents and a sibling each the week we found out and then the rest at 10 weeks as I was so sick. Tell people whenever you feel comfortable!
Bigsurprise Posts: 961
TBH you will probably find that people will be expecting it. It's only after a year or so people stop asking or presuming! Relax & enjoy it & congrats. I understand your concern about your sister. I'm always very sensitive about other people but as others say there is nothing you can do about it. Personally I would wait til 12 weeks to tell people but it's entirely up to you