Just found out today - I'm Pregnant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

proud mamaof1 Posts: 825
Hi girls So excited I could burst. Can't believe I am going to be a mummy. Just a quick one, I have a best friend's wedding tomorrow, can I have even 1 drink. Don't want to arouse suspicion as they are all big drinkers. What can I do. My friend thats also preg, has said she will help me disguise my gin and tonics with a lovely seven up Any advice would be appreciated. :babydust: :babydust: to all you other lovely girls who are waiting for the good news :wv :wv :wv
Augustmum Posts: 686
Oh congrats mrs!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll How far are you gone? You must join us over in the August thread :stork: Not sure about having one drink tbh I wouldn't dare dream of it but everyone's different I suppose *)
soulful Posts: 1697
Firstly - CONGRATULATIONS *) :lvs :thnk Secondly - Of course you can have 1 drink just dont go overboard, 1 or 2 is fine. I had a couple at christmas when I was pregnant with my first x O:o)
JourneyNo2 Posts: 220
well done Mrs Friel Everyone is different and it can be a touchy subject but I would have a couple of drinks - - 2 glasses of red wine maybe - or make it a white wine spritzer which you could spread 2 glasses of wine over like 5 drinks. I had a wedding shrtly after i found out about no 1 and I had about 3 glasses of red wine over the course of the day - and all was fine !
bolababy Posts: 706
I'd have a glass of wine at a wedding now, but in the very early days, I'd avoid it, or definately any more than that. What I did at weddings was drink sparkling water and lime, looks like alcohol. Also have hubby nearby, to take any drinks an dont get caught in rounds. The other thing is, its so cold at the moment, you could make an excuse of a nice warm cup of tea, when you get in first, cos I always think its at those drink receptions that you're caught out. Later on people are too drunk to keep watch.
doone Posts: 503
pick a drink that looks the same as a mixer like you said a 7up, and just accept the drinks people offer and leave them on other tables etc to get rid of them !
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
congrats to you & your DH, regards the drinking, It wouldnt be something I would do, every body & baby are different. Its really a choice only you can make
candypants Posts: 8575
Congrats to you :o)ll Can you say your on anti biotics for a kidney infection?
lcarrick Posts: 1639
congrats!!!! thats fab news! personally i wouldnt drink, esp early on! just have hubbie near ya all day, accept drinks bought for ya and just lose them along the way. if your a cider drinker a good one could be, get hubbie to empty the bottle at the bar and fill it with cidona or something?? then just keep refilling that bottle?
mydresswillfit Posts: 387
Congrats! Great news. Take care of yourself now!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll