Just FYI - OLOL Visitors

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

jmeath Posts: 5740
:o( well girls....i asked this evening if my mam will be able to "relieve" DH when i have babs if he has to go back to work or anything and they said no way....strictly birthing partners only! I was going in to be checked in the labour ward and security stopped me at the dorr (which is normal these days) and asked if i was alone and i said yeah as DH got delayed inwork and they said "grand, if he's onthe way tell him not to come coz he wont be allowed in".....although midwives said he would've been....they are allowed up to labour ward....
MrsMcM Posts: 311
hi jmeath, i heard something like this too yesterday. Apparantly they didnt let the dp of this particular lady (bearing in mind i heard this from a friend of a friend etc) up to the labour ward until she was actually about to give birth. My heart goes out to anyone who finds themselves in this position. Wishing you all the luck in the world with your impending arrival :lvs
[quote="MrsMcM":36yk0k00]hi jmeath, i heard something like this too yesterday. Apparantly they didnt let the dp of this particular lady (bearing in mind i heard this from a friend of a friend etc) up to the labour ward until she was actually about to give birth. My heart goes out to anyone who finds themselves in this position. Wishing you all the luck in the world with your impending arrival :lvs[/quote:36yk0k00] Noway u serious? Id go mad... i saw a woman going in as i was leaving and her DP was with her....id kick up a fuss and go to another hospital... iwas there for an hour on my own gettign checked earleir and was in tears dont mind in labour!
babymad Posts: 148
is this a new thing with OLOL or cos of the cdiff outbreak?
MrsMcM Posts: 311
is cos of the cdiff. its also in Navan hospital where i'm due to go for a check up on Monday. Was in there today for sf jab and asked what the story was there. According to them as all outpatients are in a separate building, partners are welcome. OLOL is a diff story though as you're well aware that all apps are in the one building (correct me if i'm wrong). Unfortunatley that is what i heard. but you know what rumours and stories are like...i'd take it with a pinch of salt.
Unfortunately in drogheda its all one building.they arent allowing anyone in with people,if u have say an ante natal apt and ur partner is with u or ur mam they arent allowed in. Its all to do with the cdiff bug
babymad Posts: 148
I had no idea it was that bad. I've my hosptial scan in January and know I'd have one upset DH if he missed it!!!! Please God it'll be brought under control asap
Bubbainapril2010 Posts: 2
Just have to use this post to vent. Myself & my hubbie were due to have our 20 week scan at OLOL on the 8th December (we are going private so this was our first & hopefully only antenatal appointment at the hospital). Anyhows the hubbie had taken a half day & we were all excited about it. We arrive at the door to be met by what I can only compare to (& with the compassion of) a nightclub bouncer who told me that I was allowed in but under no circumstances was my hubby allowed in (remember when you were under 18 & your friends got in but you couldn't :) ). End result, I went to my scan alone & ready to burst into tears afraid of my life that I would be on my own if the scan showed something wrong with bubba (it really ruined the experience), while hubby stood outside in the rain. All seemed to be ok with the baby thank god but I really couldn't concentrate... all I was trying to do was stop myself from bursting into tears. Now I'm not saying that the hospital are wrong in stopping visitors coming to the hospital... I'm not being unreasonable & can totally see the logic in that... but in my honest opinion my husband was just as entitled to be there as I was (I know I just happen to be the vehicle), its just as much his child & he should be entitled to see that its developing properly (oh I could harp on about this forever, what happens when there is an actual child & if it has to go to hospital... would they say one parent was more important than the other!!!). I'm only glad that as we are going private, he gets to see a mini-ultrasound every time we go to the consultant, but I really feel sorry for anyone going public to OLOL & this is their one & only chance to see the baby on the big screen. When I was deciding which hospital to go to I was only slightly swayed to go to OLOL over Daisy Hill & cnow I can say without hesitation that if I was making that decision all over again... I would be going with Newry. Btw I heard recently a story about someone in labour in OLOL who's husband was told to wait in the car until the baby was almost ready. He waited in the Car for 8 hours... And got a phonecall just before the baby was born!!!! Hopefully it all clears up because if it doesn't I will be sitting having my baby in the doorway until they let my hubbie in >:o)
I heard this story to (a friend of a friend).... terrible isnt it? Your lucky your DP will get to your antenatal appointments coz public patients have to go on their own. The midwifes inthe induction room said if any partners have trouble getting up to the admissions/labour ward all you have to do is ring up. My mam got to come in to me one of the days i was in hospital coz DH was working, i think they were a little more lenient coz id a section and had a cathater on