Menu

Just got a BFP and new to P&B? This is a beginners guide - Page 9

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

MissBid Posts: 587
I'm a new BFP'er (since the weekend) = just flagging this thread for myself... gonna keep it for refence - thanks a bunch, Woodstock.. :thnk
missussunshine Posts: 513
[quote="MissBid":2v4axi73]I'm a new BFP'er (since the weekend) = just flagging this thread for myself... gonna keep it for refence - thanks a bunch, Woodstock.. :thnk[/quote:2v4axi73] Ill second that MissBid.. I got my BFP confirmed by Doc yesterday and im actually astounding myself as to how clueless i am :o0 so this is great. Thanks
Kickasswife Posts: 4051
Bump
bigbopper Posts: 115
bump
wifey24 Posts: 51
Thanks woodstock, this is a great post!So glad I came across it!Just wondering if they will do a scan at 7 -8 weeks is that 7-8 weeks from your last AF or 7-8 weeks from when you concieve?I am just over 4 weeks from y last AF & would be great to think I could organise a scan in 4-5 weeks time. I will go public I think but would like to pay for a scan early! :wv :wv
Baby feet Posts: 69
bump
sunshinebear Posts: 74
great thread and gave me lots of advice, only thing is the doctor has just told me it's unsafe to eat any soft cheese. i love feta and have been eating it because i read it was safe on this thread, ooops
Doozer28 Posts: 881
Some soft cheeses are ok to eat, including feta, once it's made from pasteurised milk.
sunshinebear Posts: 74
[quote="Doozer28":1anmxc1w]Some soft cheeses are ok to eat, including feta, once it's made from pasteurised milk.[/quote:1anmxc1w] that's what the internet is telling me too, but the doc specifically said no soft cheeses even philly. she also said no mayo. might just go with the internet advice, i love feta cheese and mayo
Steph2 Posts: 1044
My GP told me mayo was ok, so long as it's the type you buy in a jar, i.e. is not homemade and has been through the pasturisation process. I hate the way different GP's tell you different things O:|