Just got a lovely surprise....

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shoegals Posts: 1640
After the week of losing job and everything, it's my birthday tomorrow (had nearly forgotten) and H2B has just told me he is bringing me to London for the weekend, he has it booked ages....Can't wait to get out of Ireland for a few days!! :o)ll :o)ll Might go wedding shoe shopping any tips for shops in London!?
macsmissus Posts: 928
What a nice surprise, hope you have a brilliant time *) Sorry no suggestions for shoe shops tho :-8
pippy-long-stockings Posts: 248
Ah what a lovely surprise. Exactly whats needed to lift your spirits. Sorry no suggestions on shoes but i think i remember a post here bout wedding shoes in london. Try the search engine on the site.
MissMuppet Posts: 2085
[color=indigo:2j38wu3m]Awww thats so sweet... :o)ll [/color:2j38wu3m]
La Dolce Vita Posts: 522
OOOH lucky you, i love london. You have to go to Harrods if you're looking for shoes. I went over to London just after christmas especially to get mine and had found them within an hour. I was in NY last november searched the whole city and couldn't find one pair i liked. London all the way.... Head to knightsbridge, make harrods your first stop and a stones throw away on Sloane St you'll find most of the big designer names. If you need to you can hop on the tube alongside harrods and you'll be in Bond St before you know it. Have a super time and happy shoe shopping!!!
Doll Face Posts: 3721
Sweet :lvs enjoy yourself hun :o)ll
MeSB Posts: 3785
caitni2000 Posts: 434
I second Harrods for the shoe shopping – not as overly expensive as you’d imagine, there are some obviously though!! However I was there at the weekend myself as I live in London and they don’t have a huge selection of bridal shoes. The national wedding show is on this weekend in Kensington Olympia. It’s the usual set up of hundreds of stalls with mostly invitations, photographers and accessories, but you might find something to catch your eye also. I would say though, no matter how wonderful H2B is, he’ll eventually lose it with you shopping all the time  Harrods can be fun, go for Fresh Krispy Kremes, send him to the sports section to see the golf Hummers and you have tons of shoes under one roof! If no good, Harvey Nic’s nextdoor is also an option! Also check out and see if you can get yourself a good meal deal!!
fifi0409 Posts: 85
Can definitely recommend Westfield the new shopping centre at Shepherds Bush - it is HUGE. Although Oxford Street shopping and Harrods Knightbridge are good this is brilliant.. Enjoy ! *)
Ficidy Posts: 1753
Browne's Brides or Browne's Bridal or something is supposed to have really nice wedding shoes. I'd give there a try if I was in London. Have a great time!!