Just got one of those calls..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

streaks Posts: 3592
about my computer! Usually I ignore the call but am so sick of them calling at the same time every day I chose to pick up today. So he stated he was calling to talk to me about me computer, to which I replied.. 'I don't have a computer' and then he just hangs up. Seriously though do many people actually fall for a lad on the phone from India/Pakistan or where ever it is they are from?! Has anyone heard of people falling for it?
Sassypants Posts: 4461
Ray Darcy was just talking about this! I think older people would fall for it quicker, it's very sad that people are being conned like this. Would you get something back on insurance or something if you got stung?
paperclips Posts: 3146
I cant believe the amount of people who actually get caught out by these scams I got a text from "Apple" last night letting me know that I've won a prize O:|
katief Posts: 1900
Hilarious. You should let them drone on and think theyre getting a sale, then break it to him that you only have a typewriter! Tell him thats broke too though and ask if theres anything he can do
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
[quote="katief":9tia2baz]Hilarious. You should let them drone on and think theyre getting a sale, then break it to him that you only have a typewriter! Tell him thats broke too though and ask if theres anything he can do[/quote:9tia2baz] :o0 :o0 Thats a good one. My dad got one of those calls a few weeks ago. He told them he had no idea about computers and the man kept insisting that he turn it on for him so in the end dad roared down the phone to f*uck off that he already told him he had no notion of it and then slammed the phone down :o0
I dont blame the man for telling him to f"ck off. Id be tempted myself, except I prefer to have fun with them. I always get those calls.
samcro Posts: 738
I gave my mam my old pc as she wanted to learn how to use it. Now they don't have broadband at all but when she got this call she was very worried and rang me in a panic on her mobile (while he was on the landline) saying the computer has a virus and that yer man wants her credit card details to fix it. I told her to hand up on him as it was just a con but she couldn't believe it. She's in her 70's and I think she would've just handed over her details if I hadn't of warned her about this scam last year some time.
MiniMeonBoard Posts: 6208
[quote="katief":19nylmab]I dont blame the man for telling him to f"ck off. Id be tempted myself, except I prefer to have fun with them. I always get those calls.[/quote:19nylmab] dad would have no patience for those types of calls or people calling to the door for surveys. Christ he would shame you roaring at them :-8
Well, Im a bit the same. I hate cold callers and charity beggers. I donate myself and the ones I do donate to dont hound me. I swiftly ask them to take me off their database if they do.
Savida Posts: 542
Got one of these calls this morning to. Seriously bug the hell out of me!! O:|