Just joined the Gym

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Shayshe Posts: 61
Hey all just joined the gym this week.... wedding is next June so hopefully have enough time to tone up. Anyone any tips for toning up the bingo wings and back?? xx
skybusgirl Posts: 518
Weights weights and more weights!! Nothing too heavy..just a lot of repetition with lighter ones! Best of luck! I really need to get back! I lost 3 stone with WW before I got engaged, have gained about 7 lbs of it now...you'd think I'd be more motivated once I knew I was getting married, but alas, that is now the case!
Sodapop Posts: 3220
Hi there, have you got the option to speak with a trainer? they can put you on the right course for getting the results you want. Free weights are great for toning but you need to know how to use them to get the right results. Also mix in the treadmill or cross trainer and it will speed up your results. Are there any classes that interest you - I like body pump/tone/curcuit training - or step/aerobics - doing this once a week breaks up your routine so you dont get bored of the same thing over and over. I would recommend you need to go a minimum of 3 times a week to keep improving your results. The gym is all about routine and consistency. Good luck and enjoy!