Just ordered my dress!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lin2010 Posts: 46
Hi Wollies For the first time since the whole engagement/wedding thing started I'm after getting major butterflies in my tummy because I have just ordered my dress :eek This is a really big deal for me as I have been so laid back about the whole thing and haven't been doing much at all regarding the big day. Right now I'm excited and worried about the dress, how it fits, will it arrive in time(coming from the States)....fingers crossed everyone.... Still of course LOAAAAAAADS to do but thats one MAjor part taken care of, isn't it? :o0 Keep up the great work Wollies, I'm addicted to all the posts and fantastic advice :thnk
LittleLily Posts: 3682
Can we see it? Im so nosey I love seeing other peoples dresses, possibly because I'm too indecisive to make any decisions on my own!
hi Littlelily I'd post a pic only I might get recognised and I'd prefer people to see the dress on the day. I'll describe it for you. Its maggie sottero not boob tube flows straight down with short train, sorry I know that's vague but H2b is sometimes noseying here
kookiegal Posts: 1150
Congrats :o)ll Feels great doesn't it? I have first fitting coming up after Christmas and I'm getting doubts :eek Apparantly it's normal!!!!!!
Commonsense Posts: 145
Know exactly how you feel Just ordered mine at weekend Its major :eek I actually started crying - saddo like I am
nearlytherenow Posts: 1072
[quote="lin2010":260fxjvo] Right now I'm excited and worried about the dress, how it fits, will it arrive in time(coming from the States)....fingers crossed everyone.... Still of course LOAAAAAAADS to do but thats one MAjor part taken care of, isn't it? :o0 Keep up the great work Wollies, I'm addicted to all the posts and fantastic advice :thnk[/quote:260fxjvo] did u buy online?
Yeah, I bought it from bridalgown.net I did a bit of research on this site and it seemed to be fairly ok, just that the orders can take a bit longer than other online bridal shops in some cases(hope mine isn't one of those cases!!!) pushing it for time if I have to get it altered...
streaks Posts: 3592
Congrats I ordered mine last week so I'm very excited about it!! Can't wait to try it on :o)ll :o)ll
nearlytherenow Posts: 1072
got mine online too WAT a saving!! this country is a rip off. are you in dublin?? who are you getting to alter?? will be looking for a dressmaker myself next yr.
No i'm in the wild west:-) as yet have no dressmaker sorted but hope to have it all in place before the dress arrives... The saving is unreal... I just couldn't ignore that sort of money. my dress is less than half price...if i get caught for customs it will still be only half price :o)ll