Just over 12 weeks - tight dull pain at bottom of 'bump'

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sunsparks Posts: 2196
Girls, been feeling this all day since I woke up but it's getting slightly worse, I think. I have a dull pain, almost like a tight clamp being placed on me, in my bump area, especially close to the bottom. It's not at all like a period pain and doesn't come and go - it's just constant. Is this similar to what any of you experienced?
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
hey there, haven't had that, but maybe it's just your uterus streching... I have read that can cause a bit of pain. Don't be worried anyway, thats the main thing. maybe put a call into your doc to put your mind at ease, they can reassure you in a minute.
mrscakes Posts: 105
Hi sunsparks, think our dates a pretty similar. I have been having cramp like pains for the past few days. Mine are much higher up, above belly button but are on and off..... I was putting them down to baby growing pains?!?!?
sunsparks Posts: 2196
Thanks girls - that's what I'm thinking re growing pains. Not gonna worry too much as have now had 3 scans showing a healthy bean so unless there's bleeding, I'm gonna put it down to that. (at least that's the theory - my mind has a life of its own!)
LoveACuppa Posts: 296
I sometimes get a dull ache in the lower abdomen, particularly on the left-hand side, and it was just stretching pains. I think that unless it's very severe and / or accompanied by bleeding, you're fine. Mine used to last about 2 days and then vanish. Hope it eases soon.
Emme Posts: 4735
I get this pinching sensation from time to time. The other night I yelled at the baby to stop it!! It hurts though but I don't worry about it at all! Just below my bikini line. If I raise my arms sometimes I get a pulling sensation in a line right down the middle of my torso to the top of the bump. Oh all the pains I tell ya!
goingmad Posts: 657
I get this really sharp stabbing pain if I turn to get up while sitting - it really hurts - like a stitch! Hope our little beans know all that they put us through!! :o0
mischa09 Posts: 1068
I also have such a bad pain all day !!!! It's mainly on my left side... really tight dull pain. My belly is also very bloated and i feel like my food isnt digesting properly. :o(
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
I asked my gp about these pains on Tues and she said its just stretching pains, just goes with the territory unfortunately!