Just Pregnant

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pixiestar Posts: 31
Hey All, I just found out last week I am expecting a little bundle of joy and I went to the doctor and he confirmed that I was fours weeks(honeymoon baby). I was just wondering how many people waited the 3months to tell people or not?????(We have told our parents and siblings) I just feel like I am going to burst with excitment :o)ll :o)ll
frillynickers Posts: 1765
I think its fine to tell your immdeiate family only but for it to go no further until you hit the 3 momth mark, YOu only have 2 months to go so not to long. Congradulations by the way fantasic news :o)ll :o)ll :wv
chefmaid Posts: 2426
congrats great news. We haven't told anyone and don't plan to either. Want to get to the 12 week mark before we tell anyone just in case
McMummy Posts: 1041
Congrats, delighted to hear your news We waited 3 months to tell everyone including family but thinking back now I'm not sure why. If you feel comfortable in telling people do.
Hey Girls, Thanks for your replies :thnk :thnk Yep I am going to wait but i know that it is going to be hard especially because I am only four weeks. When did you tell your employer?
babybuttons Posts: 886
Congrats :o)ll :o)ll we told family at about 6 weeks. and then just told friends after the 12 weeks. but its totally up to you when you tell people
ellee Posts: 666
Congratulations! That's wonderful news *) To be safe it is probably best to wait to tell until after your first scan. We told a few before that scan and then there were fears from the scan that the baby was not developing normally. We ended up getting an amniocentesis and it was all v stressful and not resolved until I was about 18w pg. It was v v difficult then to talk openly about the pg and keep up a happy front. If I was doing it again I wouldn't tell anyone other than immediate family until that scan was done. They don't do them for fun I guess! I'm sure it won't happen to you but it really would have been easier on us if we'd held out a bit longer... hth :wv
Hey Girls, Thanks for your replies :thnk :thnk Yep I am going to wait but i know that it is going to be hard especially because I am only four weeks. When did you tell your employer?
sept09baby Posts: 1094
I had only planned on telling my mother but when I did she told me I should tell other people. I wanted to wait til 12 weeks but as she pointed out - if, god forbid, anything did go wrong, I'd want my family and close friends around me. Whatever you're comfortable with but I'd glad we told people when we did (spaced out between 7 and 11 weeks)