Just to let ye know.......

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

madmam Posts: 1294
Of a potential problem coming to the baby's surname when you are going to prenatal apps. I go by my maiden name mostly, so when I ahd my bloods taken at the docs, they were done under my maiden name. When I went to have my scan done, they asked me if I wanted the baba to be called by my maiden name. I said no, so they had to do my bloods all over again, just because they were done in my maiden name. When the baba is born they go by your name on your bloods. So if there are any of ye who are still calling yourselves by your maiden name, but want the babs to be called by DH's name, watch out (esp if you don't like needles!) - call yourself by your married name when you get your bloods done! HTH :wv
Sphynx Posts: 6795
Are you serious? I go by my maiden name too but want baby to go by married name. I've been using my maiden name all along in the hospital and no-one at any stage has asked me what the baby will go by yet! Oh dear! Better try to sort that out - can imagine DH's face (and his family's) if the child appeared with a wrist band with my maiden name on it! I'd never be forgiven! :o0
I know Sphynx, I was shocked too. Now, you know the way hospitals differ, so they may be able to fix it for you without any drastic action. I know Dh's family wouldn't have been happy either!
Mrs Peg Posts: 1778
That's mad Shorty, but I suppose it makes sense! Sometimes i think it'd be a lot easier if i just changed my name, but I'll stick to my guns for now :o0
Good woman! I am only going by my married name for this purpose.....
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I'm double-barrelled but want baby double-barrelled too,have to have a proper chat with DH about this,very important to me and my family as im the last of my dad's generation and with no boys to carry the name I said I would for years....I got my bloods done double-barrelled but on the birth cert for baby would this be a problem if its what we want?
It shouldn't be if you had your bloods done in the double barrelled name...check anyway, but it should be fine *)
clumsy Posts: 661
My hubby's name is already double barralled so this is going to be a major problem when this issue arises and I really wanted my surname to continue as its quite unusual we have to change his name by deed poll to spot his double barrell continuing on
Onequestion Posts: 24
hi i am going by my maiden name in the Coombe. I was told when i asked that while in the hospital the baby would be called "baby One Question" I don't think that has anything to do with the birth cert though-just for the purpose of the wristband and to ensure the right baby is matched with the right mammy.........
Tedsters Posts: 1688
Good warning but I kinda guessed this would happen so registered in hospital under married name and changed doc's records to same. Funny however when I am being called now as I just sit there oblivious and hubby has to remind me of my new identity!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: