Just wondering...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Carlow09 Posts: 234
If you are having a row with your OH, do you go to bed with it unresolved??? Or do you never sleep on a row???
zoesmama Posts: 2774
hmmm...well, I believe in resolving any rows before going to bed. Unfortunately DH does not so yes we have gone to bed separately after a row. Usually this involves him staying up 'til all hours watching tv and falling asleep on the couch while I have gone to bed hours earlier. We have tried to talk about this when not fighting but he says that if he is mad at me he simply cannot switch it off because it's time to go to sleep whereas when i get mad, i get mad, say my piece and then i'm not mad anymore. Just to add - the fact that we do not always make up before going to bed used to really upset me but I have learned that just because we don't make up that night doesn't mean we won't make up the next day !
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
we have only gone to sleep once on a row and at that it was me being stubborn and wanting to make up but i fell asleep!! try at all costs not to go to sleep on a row, not worth it! we can generally resolve most things, even if its just to say 'ok look something is amiss here, now is not the time to talk about when we are tired etc, lets have good sleep and discuss again' always have a kiss and say i love you then sleep. i dont think anything is so bad that it cant be at least addressed before sleep, whether resolved or not. i am normally quite stubborn but funnily enough, when it is a big issue, i find it easier to resolve/address than if its something petty that i have been silly about!! :-8 and he is fairly good about admitting when he is in the wrong. so to answer question, never sleep on a row (well unless you dont count the accidentally falling asleep!!)
lucie lu Posts: 760
we have a rule that we have to make up before going to sleep- doesn't always work though, usually my fault for being so stubborn. I think it's funny when I wake up in the morning- know we've had a row, but can't for the life of me remember exactly what caused it- I do remember always though that I was very very cross!
Carlow09 Posts: 234
Arghghhggh myself & hubby so stubborn,,,, We'd a bit of a row earlier and there is major silent treatment going on now. I really wish i was one of those people who don't sleep on it,,,, but honestly i often let things like that fester. Not good, i know...
FlexyDee Posts: 4904
We don't go 10 mins without making up and resolving the issue. We don't have big rows but merely "disagreements"
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
[quote="Carlow09":2a4xt9i6]Arghghhggh myself & hubby so stubborn,,,, We'd a bit of a row earlier and there is major silent treatment going on now. I really wish i was one of those people who don't sleep on it,,,, but honestly i often let things like that fester. Not good, i know...[/quote:2a4xt9i6] is it that bad that you cant at least stop the silence? is it your place to start the mending or himself?
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
DH hates going to sleep in the middle of a row. I could, but Im glad when he makes sure we do make up.
Scruff1 Posts: 3139
We both hate going to bed on any row, even if it's tiny one....think only ever happened once and that's through me being stubborn!!! Don't row much but we always try to resolve it before bed!
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
[quote="lucie lu":2h3e2mkw]we have a rule that we have to make up before going to sleep- doesn't always work though, usually my fault for being so stubborn. I think it's funny when I wake up in the morning- know we've had a row, but can't for the life of me remember exactly what caused it- I do remember always though that I was very very cross![/quote:2h3e2mkw] +1. This was the one piece of advice that my Mum gave me when we got married! That old saying 'Don't let the sun go down on your anger'. I usually try to reslove it before bed, but once or twice, i was too stubborn ( :-8 ). Thing is, the next morning, i woke up feeling very >:o) >:o) >:o) and even though we ,technically, weren't meant to be talking, my feelings of >:o) >:o) >:o) kind helped us make up!!!! :-8 :-8