k

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Snotzer Posts: 361
jkl
Crostini Posts: 1105
you won't need tens with the epi... once you get the epi you won't have any pain. you can use it up until the point you get the epi though i think!
yea just wanted to know could i use it up until then....will it be worth gettin it for this time?
yeah i think most of the wollies say they are very useful for early labour. some get all the way through with it, while others find them less effective nearer the pushing stage. (you'll have had the epi by then though!) you can rent em for about 90 euro i think or buy em for about 60.
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Someone told me today that a girl she knows had the tens machine in the hospital (CUH) & they wouldnt let her use it O:| I was planning on buying/renting one but now I'm not sure
Thanks so much... seems a small price for pain relief to me! saw them in books uk for 44 pounds to buy!thats not bad is it??
jeanie, notbad at all. i bought mine in mothercare for 59.99. tinyfeet , really??? midwives in antinatal classes where the ones who recommended it to us! are you intending going to same hospital as your friend? was there a medical reason why they told her not to use it?
frangipani Posts: 1543
[quote="tinyfeet":23ahmbuo]Someone told me today that a girl she knows had the tens machine in the hospital (CUH) & they wouldnt let her use it O:| I was planning on buying/renting one but now I'm not sure[/quote:23ahmbuo] i used a TENS machine in CUH, they had no problem in letting me use it for earlier stage of labour. i used it til 4 cm dilated in ward, then went to the delivery room and changed to gas and air by choice (WAY better than the TENS machine at that stage TBH, but TENS machine did it's part in the earlier stage for me), then epidural.
lila Posts: 982
i had a long pre-labour and I think I would have died without the tens machine. For me though it was good at the very early stages (before 1cm) and it was more of a distraction than anything. Still, once the epidural went in, I nearly cried with joy at the pain relief.... I rented mine from boots - i think I paid something like 90 euro and then got 45 back when I returned it...they provide all the pads etc
lila Posts: 982
double post