KIA Cars

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mama Dora Posts: 14987
Anyone drive a KIA? Whats your verdict?
The Original Aoife Posts: 230
I bought a new Kia Ceeed at the end of March & I absolutely adore it. It's a diesel which I badly need (have whacked 8,000km onto it in 3 months) and it's so comfortable. Huge boot space and loads of extras
clucky Posts: 26471
i've heard they are good
gerbil Posts: 3528
Dad has the KIA carenze (sic?) and its excellent, i drive it all the time. My next car is going to be a Kia, i hope!
Looked at the Serranto and the Sportage on Saturday,DH wants a Jeep ! They are nice and the warranty can't be matched anywhere 5 years generally but the road tax was €1300 for the sportage :eek :eek cant remember the Serranto probaly the same...thing is he will only give me €5k for mine :o(
ohsohappybride Posts: 3476
Ok, don't murder me for saying this but I'd never buy a Kia. Just my personal thoughts so take it wasy on me. H2B used to work in the motor trade and there was a large number of them with problems after the first couple of years. Don't know what exactly went wrong but think it all related to reliability anyway. As for the warranty being 7 years - are you planning on owning it for 7 years? If not, then that doesn't really matter. Even if it had a 2 year warranty and you traded it in after that, the garage will sell it on with their own (usually 1 year) warranty anyway.
Probably 5 years away if we were spending €40k on a Jeep it would want to last the term...not the type to change every year anyway...I think the running costs are too steep but trying to convince DH is like talking to the wall,he can be so over the top sometimes >:o(
Mrs Knockers Posts: 3514
My fella's grandad bought a Cee'd in January & I love it!! & you get a 7 year warantee - great value cars, Although I have to say the Cee'd is the only one I would buy! Was acctually telling H2B last night I'd like one when the sporty version comes out.
Can't do sporty with baba on the way but I know the one you mean they are lovely!
mrs aug 07 Posts: 817
What you must also consider is the resale value of the car. You dont want to be stuck selling it for much less than its worth in Five years. Cars like Toyota, Nissan, Volkswagon etc have a much better resale value!