Kick ass band (for kick ass price?)

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Nobigdress Posts: 452
Hi everyone, I'm looking for a band that gets the party started, will do recent hits, and basically is good....but the prices I've seen on here are quite high...I dont really want to pay €2000 for a band. Has anyone come across a band that they would recommend that is cheaper than that and will cover good music? Or a band that will provide a DJ too for a good total price? Thanks so much in advance...we are looking for a band for April next year so I think time is getting tight to organise this.
vulgarpicture Posts: 571
We are having the Lee Roy Brown band, they are a 6 piece band and also provide the DJ for a very good price. Where are you based? Im in Donegal.
Thanks for the reply! I should have said that, I'm in Tipp! Do you think they would travel that far?
vulgarpicture Posts: 571
Not sure its a bit far, might cost ye a few bob in mileage!!!! :o0
hurry2011 Posts: 281
Have a look at Bog the Donkey- they are great band and really get the party started. I would reccommend seeing them though as there website doesnt really show them the way they really are! pricewise- you will have to really haggle, but u can get them down :)
Thanks both of you, its always good to have a recommendation! I dont think I will have the chance to go see any bands prior to booking them.
Alsgal12 Posts: 1411
I have booked the goodfellas. Pretty reasonable and an absolute pleasure to deal with so far :)
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
I would second Goodfellas. Excellent band, they were fantastic at our wedding. And a good price, in comparison, as well. Particularly as they are 100 per cent live. No backing tracks whatsoever. I'll PM you now actually.
kazgal Posts: 70
We had the Kaye Twins band and they were EXCELLENT!! They werent as pricey as some of the quotes we got but they well worth the money. They played everything and our guests loved them!! Cant recommend them enough. Our wedding was in ~offaly and there was no charge for travel. HTH :thnk
vidia Posts: 2960
Id second Bog The Donkey, they are brilliant for getting a party started and keeping it going too :o0 :o0 The lads have great banter between them and really connect with the crowd! I mainly see them in bars/festivals etc, but have seen them at a wedding also, wouldnt have a clue about how much they charge tho!