Kidney infection:enough of a reason to ring in sick??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

juicytube2 Posts: 245
Hey ladies, Have a bad kidney infection but not sure if this is a good enough reason to ring in sick? dont want to be seen to be taking the p*ss (excuse the pun) >:o)
Excitedwife Posts: 1186
OMG enough of an excuse? They are AWFUL you poor thing:( I am reluctant to take days off but I would for that :wv
juicytube2 Posts: 245
Ok thanks excited wIfe x Honestly any other views out there just wanna be sure? thks
pixiebell Posts: 739
If your in pain with it i would ring in sick!!! Ur health is your wealth and you have to look after number one!!! You could go in and be in pain for a few days and not get much work done or take the time off get better and be fit to actually do ur work...hope you get better soon
Anne Boleyn Posts: 709
Oh definitely! I ended up in hospital & off work for 3 weeks because of one earlier in my pregnancy- I hope you've gotten it checked out? They can lead to premature labour- they can be very serious in pregnancy. Take it easy & get plenty of rest. Drink lots of water too- I'm still on 3 litres a day since mine!
poppylops Posts: 1363
Hi Juicy. I have one too. The doc told me if Im not feeling up to work tomoro to ring up and get a note to stay off for a few days. I have to go in cause Ive mountains to do before Mat leave but u should ring in sick if your not up to it and get a sick note off Doc. Take it easy x :lvs
bolababy Posts: 706
Was the kidney infection found by coincidence at a check up or are u having symptoms? If ur in pain or if you'll be up and down to the loo every ten mins then u would be justified in taking off. If your completely symptom free then maybe you should go in. You might have other reasons to take time off later on.
Martiespride Posts: 997
omg its like peeing razor blades, ring in sick. no way in hell would i be going anywhere if i had one. i had one years ago and i swear it was the worst thing ever.