Kidney infections

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Debb2010 Posts: 831
I've got a sort of dull ache in the area of my kidneys for the past 4 or 5 days, also feeling nauseous and some stomach cramping and I wonder could it be a kidney infection coming on. I had one about 3 years ago but the stomach cramps were much stronger that time. I'm going to the loo a lot but I'm trying to drink loads of water this morning so that could be causing the frequent visits. Does anyone know if you have an ache in your lower back if it was an infection coming on? Thanks, D.
Sonique Posts: 248
The lower back pain could be a sign alright but the main one would be if you had the need to go to the toilet alot and the feeling like your pissing blades when you - sorry to be so graphic but that's the only way I can desribe that pain
Thanks Rome but last time I really didn't have that stinging pain when going to the loo so I just kept putting off a visit to the doc thinking I just had a bug - eventually I had to get the doc out during the night when the pain got really bad but even then I didn't have pain when urinating. Thats whats making me wonder this time.
Sonique Posts: 248
I would go just in case - I'd a kidney infection last yr and the doc didn't treat me properly, the long shot being a week in intensive care as I got poisoned from the infection so better safe than sorry!!
stinky Posts: 606
Just getting over cystitis. I also had a pain in my left kidney so I think I had a bit of a kidney infection too. Try to drink Cranberry juice as well as water as this helps to restore PH balance in your bladder and can help to get rid of your infection. I would go to the doctor as the sooner you get something for it the sooner it will be gone. If you leave it too late you might make it worse. When you say you got cramps - were they in your stomach or your kidneys? Sorry but I have terrible cramps in my stomach the last two nights and I don't know what it is or if it's connected at all. Probably all that cranberry juice!
Hi Stinky, I've got some cramps & nausea in my stomach but the most noticeable symptom is aching on both sides of my lower back in the kidney area. It doesn't feel like a normal backache, more like its inside. I'm drinking loads of water today & just got some cranberry juice too. I might leave it til tomorrow and see how it goes.
bride. Posts: 3014
[quote:pt9gp9vu]I would go just in case - I'd a kidney infection last yr and the doc didn't treat me properly, the long shot being a week in intensive care as I got poisoned from the infection so better safe than sorry!![/quote:pt9gp9vu] Same thing happened to me, lovely big bout of septicaemia..aaghh. I would have thought the razorblades were more a sign of cystitis than kidney infections. You might have a UTI now but if it gets worse it can become a kidney infection.
Gonetopasturesgreener Posts: 3556
I would go to the doc and get the antibiotics asap...kidney infections really can turn nasty...
stinky Posts: 606
Can UTI's turn into kidney infections does anyone know?
bride. Posts: 3014
Yep they can, the worse they get the infection spreads up your urinary tract to the kidneys