Kids Names

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
Following on from ReginaFalange's thread, just wondering, what are your kids names? (if you have them!), if not, what do you plan on calling your kids? (should you want/be lucky enough to have them!) Also what inspired your name choices? Do you just like them? Or do you like what they mean? etc. Thanks, just love talking baby names and getting some nice ideas for future reference!
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
My daughters name is Hazel :lvs I picked it at the time because it was unusual and I thought it was pretty and feminine.. Im 21 wks pregnant with my second and like Max for a boy and Tara/Leila for a girl *)
mrswifey2012 Posts: 2042
Oh they're all gorgeous DancingQueen. My friend just had a baby boy and called him Max! I love it!
LittleLily Posts: 3682
[quote="Dancing Queen":13g0bmw1]My daughters name is Hazel :lvs I picked it at the time because it was unusual and I thought it was pretty and feminine.. Im 21 wks pregnant with my second and like Max for a boy and Tara/Leila for a girl *)[/quote:13g0bmw1] I think I told you before, that I think your daughters name is so pretty. Funnily enough, my cousin has a little boy and a little girl, Max and Tara!
JellySnakes Posts: 2201
My daughters name is Kayleigh, found the name in a baby book and just loved it. My son is Alex it was the only name we could both agree on, boys name are so hard to choose! Number 3 (if we are lucky enough to have a number 3 that is!) if it is a boy maybe Noah or Charlie :lvs A girl would be Ruby or Grace :lvs
Dancing Queen Posts: 2591
I like Noah too :)
katiemomma Posts: 2690
All those names are lovely. I wont name my DD as I would be afraid of being recognised. And I am now pregnant again and have 2 names picked since the last baby we lost but cant say one of them as its quite an unusual boys name but its a family name I would love to use. But if its a girl I think Bláithín. Not everyones taste but I love it. I had it on the list for DD but I had way too many people butt in and put me off names so this time nobody will get a chance as I am hoping to keep it a secret.
BipsyBoo Posts: 1534
My niece is Bláithín and she's the cutest little thing - I absolutely love that name :lvs :lvs
vinoqueeno Posts: 3511
We both love Rory for a boy (I'd prefer to spell it as Gaeilge but I don't like the Irish pronunciation as much). I also like Cathal but DH isn't as keen on that. Girls names I'm not so sure...find them harder for some reason. I always loved Éabha but not so sure now. I'm not gone on too unusual names or popular names but think that might be one of the drawbacks of my jobs...I automatically associate a name with a child :-8
katiemomma Posts: 2690
Vinoqueen , working with kids totally turns me off names. I have a few nice names but the name automatically reminds me of a few not so nice kis. I sound terrible.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10