Kilashee Brides - any info on 2008 prices?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

SheriffofArea5 Posts: 83
Hey there :wv ! Just wondering if any brides having their receptions in Kilashee next year have received info on 2008 prices? I'm praying they don't increase too much! Even a small increase in individual items can really add up when it is multiplied by 200!
MrsYippee Posts: 804
Hi Cailin Dana, I'm hoping to book Killashee for my 09 wedding but they won't accept bookings until they send the 08 price lists O:| Feel like I've been waiting forever. I rang them last week and they said it should be within the next two weeks, heres hoping its sooner rather than later!
aaaaaaa Posts: 412
they told me they'd have them ready in oct 2007 so another few weeks
Thanks a million for that girls! I'll give them a ring next week so. Fingers crossed the inflation won't be too crushing! :eek
girls do you mind me asking when you booked your weddings for killashee? Did you book it last Oct and have to wait for the brochures or did you book it after that date. I'm just worried its gonna be really difficult to get a Fri in Summer 09.
MrsChuffed Posts: 872
I just booked a Friday in April 2008, no problem at all. You should be grand.
Oh really, did you just book it recently laidbackbride?
MrsChuffed Posts: 872
Hi, Yes last week. They actually had a choice of 2 Fridays free.
gosh thats great. They must have had a few cancellations or something. I wanted to booked Killashee for a fri or sat in summer 08 and when I went in Jan of this year they had no Fri or Sat in the summer months at all, I couldn't believe it :o( . Then we bought a new house so decided to postpone the wedding a year so i really hope I get in first with the date I want!
Hey DeeDee, we booked our reception in July. But we're having a Christmas wedding (29 December 08), so we knew we'd have to get in there early! Even so, there were very few days left over the Christmas period. You should be fine for April 09. Are you girls having a house wedding or going for the main house (i.e. the Thompson suite)? We're going for the latter. Actually, I have both the 2006 and 2007 price lists for the Thompson suite wedding. It's interesting to see the year-on-year increases. Something I can think of off the bat is that the supplement for providing a choice in any course increased from €3.50 to €5 per head. Doesn't sound like much but is some 40-odd% of a hike! I'm hoping it's not so significant an increase for 2008. Mind you, the hotel we were originally going to go with charges €15 per head for a choice of main course. A friend's hotel charges €25!! Extortionate >:o(