Kildare bands

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Xmas bride 2010 Posts: 19
Could anyone recommend a good band in the Kildare/Laois area, looking for one for next Dec and also a good DJ? Thanx :wv
octbride2007 Posts: 774
we got married in Kildare and used Star DJs and had The Long John Jump Band.....can highly recommend both :wv
missfancypants Posts: 413
Goodfellas Posts: 979
After Dark are the heavy hitters in Kildare - for good reason. Check he's not booked out, they're a great band. Our advice would be to always book an outside DJ! Our wedding band bible on our webpage describes why. Most of the Dublin bands will go to Kildare, including ourselves, for no travel charge, so there's always that option too. Hope it helps regards Michael
wishin&hoping Posts: 3666
THis band is Galway based but travel at no extra cost. Would highly recommend them & their own DJ is excellent. Bumble Bee Honey http://www.bumblebeehoney.com/
bridezilly Posts: 343
Would highly recommend The Black Knights ! The crowd were on the floor all night, had them up dancing even before the first dance ended !! Guests are still talking about them !
lilygilly Posts: 196
We just booked stereophusion! Gate crashed a wedding to see them (cringe) but was worth it they are really good!!
westgrovebride2010 Posts: 110
I've actually just posted a similar thread in the music and entertainment section. I'm also getting married December 2010 and am looking for suggestions for bands so will look up what has been suggested so far. I keep seeing Black Knights and The Good Guys names coming up so assuming they are very good. Will be keeping an eye on this thread.
rianna Posts: 770
We're going to try and get Spring Break who are meant to be brilliant, has anybody here booked them?
ludy Posts: 94
We had Thin Ice and i would highly highly recommend them. They learned our first dance song and did an amazing job on it. Everyone is still talking about the band now.