Kilkea Castle and champagne corkage

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

papillon Posts: 1305
Hi ladies, Went to see Kilkea yesterday (without appointment, just took a look around) and it's amazing. I'm in love with the place. There's one issue that could be a deal breaker. They say on the website that they do corkage for wine but not thereafter. It's not clear if they do corkage for the pre dinner drinks champagne. If they do that's great, we can buy some and give a genorous two or three glasses to our guests. If not, at €12.50 a glass we would barely be able to afford one glass per person. Anyone know the score? thanks
Late08 Posts: 675
I have corkage agreed since last year for all wine, and any bubbly However this was agreed last year, and they have since changed their policy.
Has the policy changed to exclude bubbly from the corkage? This may be the death knell of the perfect venue then :o(
Bridey08 Posts: 19
Hi Papillon, We booked Kilkea for our wedding just before christmas and they offered us corkage for the pre dinner drinks reception on champagne, sparkling wine or wine so I'd say you'll be alright. You might as well give them a quick buzz and ask if it's going to be a dealbreaker!! :wv
NowGone Posts: 8042
Champagne IS a wine. I'm sure it'll be fine.
NowGone Posts: 8042
Champagne IS a wine. I'm sure it'll be fine.
Thanks for your help guys. The only thing that worried me was the line "for service during the meal only" I'll get on to them .. Cheers!
bridgieb Posts: 113
Hi Papillon, We're having our wedding reception in Kilkea Castle in December 08. We secured a deal on corkage for wine(which will be served during the meal ) and Champagne on arrival, earlier this year. The Castle have been so accomodating on every request that we've had to date. Best of luck with your planning :wv
That's great to know Bridgieb, cheers :wv