Killashee - Draping for Partition Wall

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AlexJ Posts: 75
Hey :wv I’m looking for quotes for draping for the partition wall in Thompson Suite in Killashee House Hotel. I’ve seen a photograph of it done up and its looks amazing. I don’t want the fairly lights just simple draping. Has anyone getting or got this done for there wedding in Killashee?? I have two estimates and it seems very pricey!
sugarkk Posts: 1384
I wasn't going to bother - normal partion wall looked more than fine to me so didn't see the need. But now I'm curious - what kind of quotes were you getting???
AlexJ Posts: 75
Yeah I still don’t mind the partition wall either but a vendor sent me a picture of the wall with draping and it looked amazing! So I have been quoted 800 and another 600, which I still think it’s very expensive. I will PM you a picture of it later :)
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
I've PM'd you Sands30 :wv
mrsG2b2011 Posts: 748
Oh I'd be very interested in seeing a pic of it. If you could send it on it would be great. I'm currently looking into different ideas for decorating the room, was going to get a fairylight backdrop for behind top table but then I realised the dance floor looks weird with light shining through from outside so think I'm going to put the backdrop up behind where the band goes, but never actually thought of the partition. I love the uplighters aswell but its difficult to imagine the room unless you've seen pics of it done up and I've only seen other rooms. If anybody has any other ideas they want to share please do.
sugarkk Posts: 1384
thanks sands30 - there's no way I have that much left in the budget (paid a big chunk of honeymoon today - ouch!) but definitely interested. and if anyone else has any pictures do send them on. Can always start busking on my lunch break to raise a few bob...
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
[quote="mrsG2b2011":35p3wdtn]I'm currently looking into different ideas for decorating the room, was going to get a fairylight backdrop for behind top table but then I realised the dance floor looks weird with light shining through from outside so think I'm going to put the backdrop up behind where the band goes, but never actually thought of the partition.[/quote:35p3wdtn] we are doing this aswell mrsG, my h2b doesnt like the big open space behind where the band will be.id love to put a fairybackdrop the whole lenght there but not sure the hotel will allow it as it might be a fire hazzard ill have to give Lisa a ring and see what she says! :o)ll
DollyMomma Posts: 1231
Sweetiepie11, we are having a fairylight backdrop behind the band and extending it out each side so as to completely block off that area behind the band. Lisa knows this and never mentioned anything to us about it being a fire hazard.
mrsG2b2011 Posts: 748
The first time we went to see the room down up was for a wedding fair and they had a backdrop in place so it was only the last time we went out there wasn't any and it just looked so strange having the light shining through so we said we'd have to get something to cover it up. What missdiamonds said actually rings a bell now so we must have been told that we could do that too, even though we didn't ask. However we are getting a photobooth and were thinking of placing it up beside the couches so I don't want to block the area altogether, will have to think about what looks best. Its so difficult though without seeing the room set up like that.
wifeyttc Posts: 2507
[quote="MissDiamonds":26wfbqs2]Sweetiepie11, we are having a fairylight backdrop behind the band and extending it out each side so as to completely block off that area behind the band. Lisa knows this and never mentioned anything to us about it being a fire hazard.[/quote:26wfbqs2] oh thanks missDiamonds thats really good to know, that is exactly what we want it extended all the way across.Have you sourced your supplier yet who will do that for you. :thnk