Killashee HOuse Brides

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Allisonaldridge Posts: 27
Hi Everyone, Im getting married in Killashee house in Naas next July and I thought I would start a thread to meet other past and future Killashee brides!! Getting very excited now!
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
Wonderful venue, I got married there over 2 years ago and had the best day ever :heartbeat: . The staff, the food, the bedrooms, all terrific..our guests complimented all aspects of Killashee. I stayed there the night before my wedding & got ready there morning of the Big Day, have such lovely memories of the place. Enjoy the planning, July won't be long coming around :o)ll P.S. have you seen the bridal suite yet? It's amazing!
Ailss Posts: 9
Hi So glad this has started. I'm getting married on 25 March 2017. Going up night before and leaving from there. Can't wait. Any one got any advice as not from there and seem so lost with all that has to be done. Love to hear from any brides
LadyLizzie Posts: 1724
[quote="Ailss":1sx3sdqd]Hi So glad this has started. I'm getting married on 25 March 2017. Going up night before and leaving from there. Can't wait. Any one got any advice as not from there and seem so lost with all that has to be done. Love to hear from any brides[/quote:1sx3sdqd] Ailss have you booked hair & make up? I had a trial in the hotel's Vila spa there & wasn't blown away, so I booked MUA & hairdresser to travel out to Killashee. That was 2 years ago however so maybe things are different in the spa now. The hotel gave me a suite the night before so there was plenty of room for getting ready with BMs, my mam etc in the morning. I ordered up sandwiches & scones, & had brought my own champagne, and obviously you can make tea & coffee in the rooms anyway. Also had my iPod playing a special playlist I made up in advance to set the mood, would love to be doing it all again, so exciting. Another tip, the snug bar will likely be closed during the day but DH & I asked could we have some wedding photos taken there of the two of us as it is so quaint and they opened it for us no problem. Girls it's a fab venue, I had no regrets booking it.
Ailss Posts: 9
Thanks for that advices. I need it all so any one else got any tips for the big day
Gmcg78 Posts: 4
Hi all I'm booked for April 2016 .Great to have this thread started .Ive found the hotel really excellent so far ..Next big thing will be menu tasting in the New Year
Allisonaldridge Posts: 27
Great to hear from other brides! I cant believe how quick the time is going! Good luck with your tasting, that will be so much fun!!
Carriedaway Posts: 1863
We got married here 3 years ago absolutely love this hotel. Have since had many celebratory dinners here and my baby shower there too .food is amazing staff were amazing on the day couldn't do enough so friendly and helpful. You have made a good choice . Enjoy the planning
weddingtastic2016 Posts: 22
Hi - I am also thinking of Kilashee! Would be grateful for any tips - anywhere they would be happy to negotiate or any cons to watch out for Thanks ladies xx
Vedalovelo Posts: 164
I've just decided kilashee is my absolute favourite. I've not been to see it yet or indeed been anywhere, But this is the place for me!!! :o)ll I just sent the info to my mum and FMil. I keep opening it and staring at google images. The food looks amazing too!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: