Kilronnon + Lough Rynn

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Jan2010Bride Posts: 1
OMG does any1 have any feedback on what was in the papers at the weekend??? I seen that the Hanley Group/Laragan Dev are gone into examinership??? These hotels are owned by there??? ya?? Trying to ring Lough Rynn all morning to confirm cant get any1 , getting extremely worried now!
LadyMary Posts: 1050
I read this too, i dont know anymore about it. Very worrying for their brides to be, if you are a bride to be having your reception there soon keep calling and find answers. Worst thing about these new hotels, while they look the part, they jsut might not make it throught a recession.
Bermy Posts: 4
LadyMary... pointless comment.... The article in the business section of the Sunday Times states that the castle group company (Kilronan & Lough Rynn) is a seperate entity to the Laragan development company and therefore unaffected by what happens to each other - it's the development company that's in trouble with unsold apartments. I had a phone call this morning from Kilronan saying that due to the reports in the papers they are ringing everyone with conferences and weddings booked at Kilronan & Lough Rynn to reassure them that the castle group company is not in trouble and everything is going fine with them.
Sweets08 Posts: 958
I'm getting married in Lough Rynn in september and didn;t receive any phone call, in fact i haven't heard a word from them since we paid over our deposit last september :eek In saying that I read the article and it does say that neither hotel is going to be effected by the examinership, its got to do with a housing estate that was never completed. A phone call would be nice though...you were lucky to get one Bermy!
WohooJul09 Posts: 205
Word around the area is that its the quarries that are in trouble and not the hotels so don't worry - yet anyway Fingers crossed for ye all
[quote="Bermy":37o291pu]LadyMary... pointless comment.... The article in the business section of the Sunday Times states that the castle group company (Kilronan & Lough Rynn) is a seperate entity to the Laragan development company and therefore unaffected by what happens to each other - it's the development company that's in trouble with unsold apartments. I had a phone call this morning from Kilronan saying that due to the reports in the papers they are ringing everyone with conferences and weddings booked at Kilronan & Lough Rynn to reassure them that the castle group company is not in trouble and everything is going fine with them.[/quote:37o291pu] I'm only saying for peace of mind the girls should call the hotel. If this had happened to our hotel prior to wedding, we would have worried. Only natural. Laragan dev's build kilronan, i understand its them in problem but it may still be a worry.
Rosey Roo Posts: 80
Ladies Maybe best to call them to check out all of this. Quite possibly just horrible stories going around but my mum heard a story yesterday about a girl who called one of the venues to check out the story and was told it may be a good idea to look at other venues. As I say more than likely a tall tale but I know how I would feel if I heard that about our venue :eek Best of luck guys
[quote="Rosey Roo":36f87ckn]Ladies Maybe best to call them to check out all of this. Quite possibly just horrible stories going around but my mum heard a story yesterday about a girl who called one of the venues to check out the story and was told it may be a good idea to look at other venues. As I say more than likely a tall tale but I know how I would feel if I heard that about our venue :eek Best of luck guys[/quote:36f87ckn] Oh really, how sad! I hope this is a tell tale, but still as i was saying earlier and got shot down, call for peace of mind.
EM2B Posts: 46
I got a call from Kilronan yesterday to say that Lough Rynn and Kilronan are 100% ok, Kilronan have over 100 weddings on their books for this year alone. The newspaper specifically stated that they were not affected in any way by this examinership. In my experience where a paper can insinuate that things are worse than they are, they do, so I really think there is nothing to worry about. I also know that Kilronan was heavily invested in by independent investors and does not rely on the Hanly Gorup alone for financial backing.
kila2008 Posts: 678
I may be wrong but the way that I look at it is....the construction company Laragan Dev. will obviously have been hit badly by the Recession so that would understandable be in danger. The hotels on the other hand are still making the Hanly Group money so it would make sense that they keep them separate legally. As far as I know, all weekend weddings are booked out in Kilronan until November this year...they probably have weddings over xmas/new year and have already a lot of bookings/interest for next year.