Kinnity Castle

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

sept 05 Posts: 161
Want to go somewhere for a night with mam and sisters to get pampered before the wedding, most places only do 2 night packages and look very expensive, has anyone ever been to this castle or can you recommend anywhere else? Im in Dublin
niceone Posts: 6
Have been to Kinnity and their Gate Lodge spa is not as good as some other places for pampering. The Castle itself is an experience, the rooms are cool. You could try Brooklodge in Wicklow, their spa and treatments are brilliant and there is a lovely pool and outdoor hot tub and the orgaic restaurant is delicious.
Mokey Posts: 576
It might be a bit far but you could try the Rochestown Park Hotel in Rochestown/Douglas in Cork. The hotel rates are very good and they have a Thalasso Therapy Centre attached which is amazing. You have to book in plenty of time though as they tend to be booked up quite far in advance. Or what about a night in Powerscourt?
vic Posts: 271
If you were willing to travel to get really pampered!!!!! you should think about The Inchydoney Lodge & Spa. I went there in December with a few friends for a weekend. We stayed in one of the apartments. I came back feeling like I had been on a 2 week holiday!! The place is amazing. A real treat!
sept 05 Posts: 161
Thanks girls, where is the Incydoney lodge?
lulu Posts: 53
inchydoney lodge is in inchodoney (real helpful) :-) it is near clonakilty in west cork. if you get to clonakilty, you will see signs for it at the roundabout on entering the town.