Menu

kk...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Caille Posts: 95
Guys, any advice?
Eleanor Rigby Posts: 1067
Sorry to hear about the sicky kitty. What is making you think she may have injested something toxic? Is she behaving strangely? If so I'd be inclined to take her to the vet to be safe. If not then I'd give the paws another scrub and maybe clip some of the hair on her legs to ensure its not on her skin. Out if curiosity, do you have Tesco let insurance? I have it for my pooch and over Christmas discovered they have a vetphone service so you can call and chat to a vet or a vet nurse about an issue. Might be worth looking into if you have pet insurance.
lorraine78 Posts: 988
Hi Caille,same thing happened my cat during the Summer.She came home and her paws and belly were covered in bad sludge that smelled like oil.My cat hates being lifted or brushed so it was a struggle to get it off her.I got a towel with hot water on it,and when she was asleep,and a lot less narky,i rubbed most of it off her,there was some left between her paws which she licked off herself.She's still here to tell the tale,but if you're worried it might do no harm to ring your vet :)