kl

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Snotzer Posts: 361
jkl
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
Go for it Jeanie Boyle, I wouldnt consider it stealing the name just because you like it. Sure how many other Matthews are there in the world! Lovely name btw!
tinyfeet Posts: 3482
I might just steal it off u :o0 :o0 (only joking :o0 )
brightling Posts: 1496
Go for it, you work with her so it's not as if its your sister or best friend in which case the babies would be in contact and then it could get confusing or someone could be put out by you using the same name. If both you and DH are happy stick with it. Lovely name, by the way!
Toblerone Posts: 2698
Not a dilemma at all in my mind. They will be two different families and probably will never meet. Go for it. I'd only worry about stealing someone's name if it was family relation.
Nadie Posts: 1111
I thought this was going to be a tough one from the title - I personally don't think it's a dilemma at all and that you should go for it. Matthew is not a very unusual name, she's just a work colleague so it's not like she's family (trickier area, where we're having a name-stealing issue). What I mean is, you won't always be colleagues, sure a year from now ye might not be working together....There are only a finite amount of names and unless you want to give him something off the wall, there will already be someone you know by that name...and anyway she'll probably be flattered if she thinks you copied her! Sorry for the ramble, hope it helps.
Snotzer Posts: 361
O-O