Menu

Knickers, Pants or Underwear?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Rogue User Posts: 6101
What do you call em? I say knickers but I hate the word. Knickers. There's something so unsexy about it. Pants is too The Beano for me and underwear is too inclusive as in you could be talking about your bra too. Is there another name? UNderpants is strictly a man's thing. And briefs! Briefs. It's too Pennys five pack. Oh and a quick mention of panties, ugh! Hate that word too, it's something men say in Films.
paperclips Posts: 3146
I hate the word knickers and as for pants..... *shivers* I usually call them undies or underwear. I refer to a thong as a thong and bra is bra, no issues with either of those.
betty draper Posts: 728
I'm a knickers girl. I used to be a pants girl, but one of the girls i work with says pants and i get very confused cos i always think she means knickers, but she means trousers. So now i can't say pants. I only say panties if they're very fancy!
Like what if you were sending a sexy text to your OH (or your lover or whatever) and you said I'm wearing those sexy ------- you like. What would you say? I need a sexy word that is not too cringey.
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
Knickers. Though I also dislike the word. Even more so that my niece is being potty trained and is very interested in knickers, it's a word I hear a LOT these days. Sometimes pants as well. Mainly knickers though.
Mari yay Posts: 4045
I'd say knickers Re the text I'd prob just say 'that sexy underwear you like'
Richard Gavin
Jane Smith Posts: 3158
I know it's inclusive of your bra etc. but I use the term underwear.
Reston Posts: 1321
Pants. Panties makes me shudder. There is something sleazy about it. :hic
Smileykaz Posts: 7296
RE texting. I'd probably be a bit ambiguous (can't spell today, at all) and say something like 'I'll be wearing those red silky sexy ones you like.' I'd imagine from the context of the text he'd get that it was knickers I was talking about!!
Yes yes, I like the ambiguous ones. I think from now on I am going to say underwear, in general day to day refs to the article formerly known as knickers.