knightsbrook wedding

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tyrel Posts: 10
anyone getting married there this year?
and have you had any luck bargaining down prices.im booked in for late in the year but there prices seem quite inflated compared with a lot of other 4 star hotels.and thats after iv already had a reduction
Lizzies Posts: 14
Hi, I am my wedding there in June. Haven't done any negotiations really, what about you?
maryalice Posts: 242
Hiya My FSIL had her reception there 12 weeks ago and I know for a fact she bargained with them. As far as I know she got the canapes free and the cahircovers at half the cost. The food was delicious and the hotel is fab. I bargained with my hotel and got a lot of extra's free. I got the chair covers, flower upgrade and menu choice with an upgrade on the main meal free of charge. I also got a €5.00 discount on the total meal charge per person. I would reccomend that you talk to your hotel and inform them that you are seriously looking at your budget at the moment. I brought a price comparison with two other hotels available on the date with me and outlined what the difference was and how much savings were available at the othe hotels of the same star quality. The hotel was more than happy to oblige and couldn't have been nicer. Good luck.. :thnk
Lizzies Posts: 14
Thanks Lalice, will have to get my skates on! Sounds like you did some good negotiating with your hotel. Hope it all goes well.
Excited2010 Posts: 777
defo think go down and have a chat with them. Lie to them about ur situation if you need to (make it sound worse than it is) and hope that they have pity on you. Every penny is better in our pockets than theirs. I have done this with my hotel and got great bargains and also alot of stuff thrown in at the same price and my wedding is not till middle of next year but no matter what make sure you get EVERYTHING in writing
we did get some discounts off them but it still more expensive than deals others are offering at the moment.and the discounts came all too easily kinda felt like they were the ones i would have recieved without the economic downturn.yhotel is fab and food is fab.also with my deposit paid it sort of hinders my bargaining power with regards to maybe goin elsewhere.thanks for the replies
holly29 Posts: 18
[quote="tyrel":1amqoogr]anyone getting married there this year?[/quote:1amqoogr] pm you
holly29 Posts: 18
just wondering has anyone got anywhere with gettin g anything off prices in knightsbrook i am getting married there july 2010 so would love some feedback :xox [/quote]