L'Ecrivain - V - Shanahans

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Debb2010 Posts: 831
I want to book somewhere as a treat - I've been to both of the above for work dinners but it was 4/5 years ago and I'm not sure now which'd be best. Any preferences?
fancypants Posts: 453
If you both love really good steak go to Shanahans but I think L'Ecrivain is better more choice and it has a Michelin star which I don't think Shanahans has. Both are expensive but I think L'ecrivain is nicer
Debb2010 Posts: 831
The thing is neither of us eat meat but I'd heard the fish in Shanahans was good too. I can't look up the L'Ecrivain menu in work cos its blocked - feckin nuisance!
clucky Posts: 26471
i have tried both and would definitely recommend l'Ecrivain yumm bummm
Christmas B Posts: 6191
I haven't been to L'Ecrivain before and I would defo be a fan of Shanahan's!! Here's the A lá Carte menu for L'Ecrivain seeing as it's blocked in work for you: [b:10fa2fio]Starters[/b:10fa2fio] Roast Rabbit Loin, Fried Kidney with Duxelle, Summer Truffle Tagliatelle, Truffle Foam ~ €26.00 Native Rock Oysters, Vanilla Leeks, Sevruga Caviar, Champagne Froth ~ €25.00 Roast Squab Pigeon, Squab Terrine, Beetroot & Bacon Vinaigrette, Beetroot Puree ~ €24.00 Assiette of Dublin Bay Prawns, Confit Tomato & Basil Terrine, Pan Fried with Artichoke & Curry Foam, Ketaifi Pastry ~ €30.00 Tasting Plate of Foie Gras, Fig Chutney, Maderia Broth, Hazelnut Syrup, Toasted Brioche ~ €28.00 *Condrieu (Late Harvest) Grain De Folie, 2004 ~ €20.00 per glass [b:10fa2fio]Main Courses [/b:10fa2fio] Tasting of Wild Salmon, Violet Artichoke, Ratatouille & Saffron Foam ~ €47.00 Finnebrogue New Season Oisin Vension, Sweet Potato Puree, Roast Shallots, Blackberry Vinaigrette ~ €46.00 West Cork Lobster, Carrot Puree, Lobster Mayonnaise, Fried Chervil & Capers, Carrot & Ginger Sauce ~ €53.00 Loin & Rack of Spring Lamb, Slow Braised Shoulder, Stuffed Kidney, Basil & Courgette Puree ~ €48.00 Roast Turbot, Confit Pork Belly, Sauerkraut, Girolle Mushrooms, Wholegrain Mustard Veloute ~ €47.50 All of the above Main Courses are served with Market Fresh Vegetables & Potatoes 10% Discretionary Gratuity will be added to your Bill
NowGone Posts: 8042
Neither. Go to Chapter One! But if puuuuussssshhhhed, L'Ecrivain. It's more special.
clucky Posts: 26471
oh drool
Mistified Posts: 2680
[quote="Christmas B":1dfzzofm]I haven't been to L'Ecrivain before and I would defo be a fan of Shanahan's!! Here's the A lá Carte menu for L'Ecrivain seeing as it's blocked in work for you: [b:1dfzzofm]Starters[/b:1dfzzofm] Roast Rabbit Loin, Fried Kidney with Duxelle, Summer Truffle Tagliatelle, Truffle Foam ~ €26.00 Native Rock Oysters, Vanilla Leeks, Sevruga Caviar, Champagne Froth ~ €25.00 Roast Squab Pigeon, Squab Terrine, Beetroot & Bacon Vinaigrette, Beetroot Puree ~ €24.00 Assiette of Dublin Bay Prawns, Confit Tomato & Basil Terrine, Pan Fried with Artichoke & Curry Foam, Ketaifi Pastry ~ €30.00 Tasting Plate of Foie Gras, Fig Chutney, Maderia Broth, Hazelnut Syrup, Toasted Brioche ~ €28.00 *Condrieu (Late Harvest) Grain De Folie, 2004 ~ €20.00 per glass [b:1dfzzofm]Main Courses [/b:1dfzzofm] Tasting of Wild Salmon, Violet Artichoke, Ratatouille & Saffron Foam ~ €47.00 Finnebrogue New Season Oisin Vension, Sweet Potato Puree, Roast Shallots, Blackberry Vinaigrette ~ €46.00 West Cork Lobster, Carrot Puree, Lobster Mayonnaise, Fried Chervil & Capers, Carrot & Ginger Sauce ~ €53.00 Loin & Rack of Spring Lamb, Slow Braised Shoulder, Stuffed Kidney, Basil & Courgette Puree ~ €48.00 Roast Turbot, Confit Pork Belly, Sauerkraut, Girolle Mushrooms, Wholegrain Mustard Veloute ~ €47.50 All of the above Main Courses are served with Market Fresh Vegetables & Potatoes 10% Discretionary Gratuity will be added to your Bill[/quote:1dfzzofm] Madness to charge that much for a bit of dinner! :ooh
Christmas B Posts: 6191
[quote:29qs6ixl]Neither. Go to Chapter One! [/quote:29qs6ixl] I came out still hungry from Chapter One!! I'd never go back!! We were a group of 8 and about 6 of us still felt like we could devour a burger from McDonalds on route home and that was after a 3 course meal!! God, we sound like aboslute pigs, tee hee hee, but the portions are really small there!! I'd never go back!! We were there about a year ago. My vote is for Shanahan's!!
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="Christmas B":3g6jb4vn][quote:3g6jb4vn]Neither. Go to Chapter One! [/quote:3g6jb4vn] I came out still hungry from Chapter One!! I'd never go back!! We were a group of 8 and about 6 of us still felt like we could devour a burger from McDonalds on route home and that was after a 3 course meal!! God, we sound like aboslute pigs, tee hee hee, but the portions are really small there!! I'd never go back!! We were there about a year ago. My vote is for Shanahan's!![/quote:3g6jb4vn] Get out! That's a bit cheeky - the place isn't that cheap! Hm. don't know if I can agree with you about Shanahans though. I reckon if I can cook something at home (like steak) I'm not going to pay €40 for someone else to do it. If I eat out, it's gotta be something complicated - I want those chefs to sweat for me!!! :o0