LA Make-up Academy

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrs Summer Posts: 5040
Morning, Am thinking of doing one of the LA make-up academy courses, its something ive always been interested in but just never got around to doing it, just wondering if anyone has done one and if so would they recommend it??? Thanks, Mrs Summer.
serenity Posts: 3675
Thats gas Mrs Summer. I actually only asked Hubby for a gift voucher for there... It's something I have always wanted to do - the part time evening course... So would love to hear any feedback from anyone who has done a course here??? xx
Thanks Bouncy L, Serenity, the one Im looking into is Module 2, its an 8 week course, 2 evenings a week, the Jan one is booked out but the 2nd of March one isnt so thats the one im thinking of going for, its €895.00, really looking forward to doing something different as ive a pain in my face with office work :o0 :o0
angel3 Posts: 1572
I done individual lessons in there really enjoyed them my sister done all the modules though and she loved it at the end you get your certificate and stuff
Hi Mrs Summer, I was hoping to do the Module 1 course as I don't want to leave my job as such but would love to do it on a part time basis... And even if I don't work doing it, I would just love to learn more about styles / ideas etc.... March is very late - I was hoping to do one beginning in Jan or Feb... i guess Module 1 might be a bit different.... You should defo go for it - it's a good career... Hard enough nowadays to get a full time job in it but you could definitely start off by doing nixers and getting a good name for yourself...
[quote="serenity":ne78e5wb]Hi Mrs Summer, I was hoping to do the Module 1 course as I don't want to leave my job as such but would love to do it on a part time basis... And even if I don't work doing it, I would just love to learn more about styles / ideas etc.... March is very late - I was hoping to do one beginning in Jan or Feb... i guess Module 1 might be a bit different.... You should defo go for it - it's a good career... Hard enough nowadays to get a full time job in it but you could definitely start off by doing nixers and getting a good name for yourself...[/quote:ne78e5wb] I was gonna do module 1 but when I rang up the girl asked me would I like it as a career option and I said yes and she said for the extra 300 id be better off doing the module 2 as I wouldnt be qualified enough with just module 1, Dont think id leave my own job either as its my safety net but would like to do it part time, I was raging too about March but I said feck it plus it will give me time to get my brushes and all the bits I need to start the course.
Mrs Summer, True Module 2 does look very, very good, but like I said, it's more an interest for me... Also my sister in law is a MAC make up artist and always says that for some of her bigger nixers, she would love help and so it's more for my own good and then to maybe help her and do some close friends / family... I actually emailed them yesterday and they just replied to say there is a Module 1 starting end of Feb... Doesn't really suit as I am going away for 10 days in mid March... have asked for other alternatives... Do you need a particular set of brushes to start the course and what type etc?? Jeez!!!
[quote="serenity":2dw3lu88] Do you need a particular set of brushes to start the course and what type etc?? Jeez!!![/quote:2dw3lu88] Yep they give you a list of brushes, certian makeup ie red lipstick and some eye shadows, you also need you own toners, cleansers ect... not sure what else, will let you know when my list comes through, its not gonna be cheap though :ooh :ooh
[quote="Mrs Summer":1szcomj2][quote="serenity":1szcomj2] Do you need a particular set of brushes to start the course and what type etc?? Jeez!!![/quote:1szcomj2] Yep they give you a list of brushes, certian makeup ie red lipstick and some eye shadows, you also need you own toners, cleansers ect... not sure what else, will let you know when my list comes through, its not gonna be cheap though :ooh :ooh[/quote:1szcomj2] Jeez!!!! Wowsers!! Lots of expense... Maybe my hubby will have a heart attack when I tell him... She just sent me through a list of the dates for Module 1 and there are 3 and every single one of them doens't suit for one reason or another!!! O:| O:| O:| O:| Raging.... May have to look into Module 2.... Have you booked and all already??
[quote="serenity":fx8fg7xf][quote="Mrs Summer":fx8fg7xf][quote="serenity":fx8fg7xf] Do you need a particular set of brushes to start the course and what type etc?? Jeez!!![/quote:fx8fg7xf] Yep they give you a list of brushes, certian makeup ie red lipstick and some eye shadows, you also need you own toners, cleansers ect... not sure what else, will let you know when my list comes through, its not gonna be cheap though :ooh :ooh[/quote:fx8fg7xf] Jeez!!!! Wowsers!! Lots of expense... Maybe my hubby will have a heart attack when I tell him... She just sent me through a list of the dates for Module 1 and there are 3 and every single one of them doens't suit for one reason or another!!! O:| O:| O:| O:| Raging.... May have to look into Module 2.... Have you booked and all already??[/quote:fx8fg7xf] No not yet, she told me to wait till I get the info in the post and then Pre book it before xmas and pay for it early in the new year, I know how your DH will be feeling, Mine was like WHAT are you mental :o0 :o0 He said he'll pay for the course but I'll probably buy the brushes ect.. myself :o)ll :o)ll