Labour questions?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

bellababy Posts: 72
This is my second baby. I was induced on my due date last time. Was 2cm when I was induced. Does that mean I was about to go myself naturally? Also my waters broke after being induced. Do waters break after induction? One last question does babies head engage fully before labour if it's 2nd child. Thanks I know that's a lot of questions. I analyse everything to death and forget to ask doc's these questions!
Lauri Posts: 195
Hi ya I'm due next Monday with my first and I also have a million questions but am super excited :o)ll im not at all helpful to you but best of luck xxx :)
Dee78 Posts: 263
[quote="bellababy":3o7dj0z8]This is my second baby. I was induced on my due date last time. Was 2cm when I was induced. Does that mean I was about to go myself naturally? Also my waters broke after being induced. Do waters break after induction? One last question does babies head engage fully before labour if it's 2nd child. Thanks I know that's a lot of questions. I analyse everything to death and forget to ask doc's these questions![/quote:3o7dj0z8] Hi bellababy I'm only on my first so not really sure but I've been told that once your 1cm you're in labour.. that could be wrong now but that's what I was told. Although I'm sure there are loads of factors that are taken into consideration when it comes to induction.. Not sure about the waters breaking.. Re head engaging I've read that this may not happen until you're actually in labour on 2nd and subsequent births.. Sorry not much help to you but just what I've heard / read so might not even be correct!!! Best of luck! :wv
babyblaBBer Posts: 2448
why were you induced on your due date? i'm guessing you were induced with the drip seeing as you were already dilated (as opposed to starting from scratch inductions which would be gel applied to soften your cervix so that waters can be broken to start labour). no personal experience of starting induction that way but if you were already 2cm dilated i'd say you would have had a good chance of going yourself at some stage. the 1cm thing is if you are induced with the gel and waters broken method you need to be 1cm dilated and having regular contractions to be classified as in labour. if you go into labour tyourself i think you need to be 3/4cm dilated and having contractions. as far as i know most people are 1/2cm dilated long before labour on 2nd and subsequent babies so dilation alone doesn't mean you're in labour. re your waters breaking i'd say that's normal enough as the whole point is to kick things off so contractions may have caused your waters to break. re head engaging, as far as i know for second and subsequent babies the head doesn't always engage until labour starts.