ladies I need help!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lgray Posts: 20
Hi Ladies, I would really appreciate some kind souls help with this! I am currently studying for my degree in psychology and I have a report due at the end of the month. one of my participants in a study has dropped out at the last minute and I'm really stuck. I need to interview someone who is in first/early second trimester, and who is experiencing morning sickness. The report is on women's experiences of pregnancy whilst experiencing morning sickness/hyperemesis. I am currently pregnant myself, and have had morning sickness for this pregnancy and also for my previous one, hence my interest :) the interview takes no more than half an hour, with a bit of time either side for introductions and debriefing at the end. I live in Leitrim, so anyone in Leitrim, Cavan, Longford is ideal, but I am willing to travel. And if sonmeone was free this week, that would be great as I'm running out of time to get this written up :weep the report is confidential and names will be changed to ensure this. If anyone would be willing to do this, I would be much appreciative. Feel free to PM me any questions you might have. Thanks
Sunspeckle Posts: 437
Hi, Just a suggestion...but would you consider sharing a link to an online survey. this way you could get feedback from multiple people and people might be more willing to partake? surveymonkey.com is very good.
lgray Posts: 20
Hi, I would if it was a quantitative study (measurable data) that I was looking for, unfortunately the course demands a qualitative approach so it needs to be interview based in order to get a depth of understanding about the experiences. Thanks for replying though :) I knew it was a long shot for someone to volunteer but had to try! my topic was great when I had my interviewees, but once one pulled out, its rather difficult to get someone, as most people don't tell you they are pregnant until the second trimester.
wollysocks Posts: 1773
Have you posted on other sites? rollercoaster, magicmum, heymammy, I don't fit your criteria but I'm sure someone would love to help you. What about puttting up a few notices in some playschools or local clubs in your area or even outside your area. Hope you get somebody in time..I'm sure it is just a matter of getting the word out as far as possible. Facebook? Local radio? ad in local shops?