Lansinoh cream

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

boobies Posts: 1625
I heard this is surposed to be great for healing if you are breastfeeding, can anyone tell me where I can buy it online? :thnk
Tigletts Posts: 2904
Dunno about online but you can get it in most chemists. It's supposed to be good for sore nipples, though they also say rubbing some breast milk on them is good too. And that prevention is better than cure so very important for baby to be latched on properly. All easier said than done imo though !!!
:thnk tigglets got it yesterday in chemist was just being lazy and did'nt want to have to battle traffic down town!!
MotherNature Posts: 317
It is good stuff but can I offer some other advise? Invest in nipple shields before hand and have them sterilised and in your hospital bag. It's awful how quickly you'll start to feel the pain of sore nipples and the Lansinoh can only do so much. I think nipple shields should be a basic 'must have' as I saw one girl on my post delivery ward give up breast feeding after two days, due to the pain. If someone had just told her about nipple shields I'm sure she'd have kept at it. She was in tears about having to change over to formula and was so upset that she couldn't keep at the breast feeding. My public health nurse told me about the shields and I have to say they are a life saver! I'm now going to spread it my life's mission (ok, not quite) to tell other mums to get them. They're brilliant! Stock up on a few pairs from Boots.
Tigletts Posts: 2904
[quote="MotherNature":2p5zvbpd]It is good stuff but can I offer some other advise? Invest in nipple shields before hand and have them sterilised and in your hospital bag. It's awful how quickly you'll start to feel the pain of sore nipples and the Lansinoh can only do so much. I think nipple shields should be a basic 'must have' as I saw one girl on my post delivery ward give up breast feeding after two days, due to the pain. If someone had just told her about nipple shields I'm sure she'd have kept at it. She was in tears about having to change over to formula and was so upset that she couldn't keep at the breast feeding. My public health nurse told me about the shields and I have to say they are a life saver! I'm now going to spread it my life's mission (ok, not quite) to tell other mums to get them. They're brilliant! Stock up on a few pairs from Boots.[/quote:2p5zvbpd] Funny you should say that, I had a friend from the UK here today and she said exactly the same thing! She had bleeding nipples and these saved her and she's still BFing happily her 5 month old boy. However a lot of the books say you shouldn't use them ! They're on my list now !
Desert-Moon Posts: 1174
Really stupid question.............................but are nipple shields for use WHEN your breast feeding, or do they just protect your nipples from friction at other times??? Sorry I'm such a Dumbo! :-8
NotHere Posts: 10273
Looked it up DM, they are for use when feeding... http://www.medela.com/newfiles/nipshield.html
Cheers for the advise girls will purchase those too got my cream!