lanterns wanted!!!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

beckswhelan Posts: 26
Any one got lanterns for pew ends for sale? Ive seen a couple of threads on here but they seem to be from a couple of years ago?
misswalshie Posts: 37
Heh there I bought some lanterns for my own wedding last week in Ikea- they are only 4 eur each! They have them in ivory, black and red! Hope this helps!
dancerformoney Posts: 2733
this topic is girls sharing lanterns, might be of help to you!!
woohoo thanks ladies! think il check ikea in the morn, I love the natural candle light so fingers crossed they have enough in stock!
newlyengaged2011 Posts: 152
Hi Ladies, I bought 20 of them in Ikea on yesterday, 79 euro.... they are really nice... But don't know if i should go battery tea lights, or real ones.. My H2B said to leave them back if I am not going to go real candles... Don't know what to do :-/
Im getting the real tea lights, i think the led ones could look quite tacky but thats just me! I love the look of natural candle light in a church!
DillieDallie Posts: 423
Hey there I have 36 silver lanterns for my pew ends and battery operated LED tea lights to go with them. The reason so many brides use LED tea lights is that the other ones are strongly advised against, especially if your lantern is metal. HTH! :thnk
newlyengaged2011 Posts: 152
[quote="fairlylively":2u721ev3]Hey there I have 36 silver lanterns for my pew ends and battery operated LED tea lights to go with them. The reason so many brides use LED tea lights is that the other ones are strongly advised against, especially if your lantern is metal. HTH! :thnk[/quote:2u721ev3] Where did you get the LED ones??? I would love to go them, but do the look right in the Lanterns??? would you know they were battery ones??
DillieDallie Posts: 423
I got them on eBay as did most of the other brides in here. Just make sure you opt for an amber bulb and not a clear bulb. I would advise checking with your priest before you go any further. Some brides had priests that just didn't let them. My reasons were that I'm having a winter wedding so I didn't want them to blow out, I didnt want my dress to catch fire walking up the aisle,I didn't want the lanterns to burn the wooden pew ends when they heated up, and also wanted to reuse them for the reception and didn't want to have to deal with changing 36 candles after 6 hours when they had burned out. And it's my wedding so of course they will look amazeballs! :o)ll
[quote="fairlylively":1zrkk3yo]My reasons were that I'm having a winter wedding so I didn't want them to blow out, I didnt want my dress to catch fire walking up the aisle,I didn't want the lanterns to burn the wooden pew ends when they heated up, and also wanted to reuse them for the reception and didn't want to have to deal with changing 36 candles after 6 hours when they had burned out.[/quote:1zrkk3yo] handnt thought of that mine is winter too!!! do the led tea light look like real candles? Also who are you getting to set them all up in the church before guests arrive? :)