Menu

Laser hair removal at Therapie

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

ReginaFalange Posts: 10290
Anyone had laser hair removal done at Therapie?? (molesworth St or Wicklow street) Any feedback? Thanks :wv
ott Posts: 3920
Caoilinn Taylor has, she'll never have to shave again. Sorry, h2b and I always laugh when that ad comes on, I think it's the clip they show of the laser in action and her and the therapist are wearing the goggles. :o0 Seriously, would love to get it done - I'd say it's well worth it.
:o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 Thanks OTT- I'll give her a call and see if she has any feedback. :o0
sugarandspice Posts: 2378
i'm getting it done in urbana, highly recommend them. Just 2 more sessions left, yay! Think they have special offers at the mo as well
thanks sugar- where is that?? Anyone had it done in Escape in Swords?
MrsAH Posts: 3715
I'm starting it in Brown Cow in Sandyford next month, email them for their new reduced prices. It is the same price as waxing! My friend has been going there and finds them very good.
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
I got it done. I went for the lip and chin. I wasnt too bad beforehand but it was something I wasnt comfortable with. Different reactions for different people. The most ideal candidates (something to do with the hair folicules) is brunettes and under 50, although it worked for my 55 year old aunt. Personally, hmmm, it was over a period of 5 months (7sessions spread out) and for that time I had no hair, it was great, but now I've finished the treatment about 6months and I can see hair again, because I'm so dark its more noticable, but its more fine. I guess thats just how I'm built. My cousin has always has finer hair then me. She got an under arm and bikini line done and she said it worked 100%
ScarlettoHara Posts: 8442
Does it hurt? Can you shave in between sessions? Would love to get my underarms done. My hair on my head grows really fast and under my arms seems to aswell! Never get long out of a shave or a wax.
StupidSexyFlanders Posts: 8402
I was considering getting this with laserway but their pricing was all over the place I felt like I was being done - they had different prices every time I called. And then they told me that it was laser hair "reduction" when I went in for a consultation, not "removal" and that I might have to have "top-up" sessions every 6 months. This was despite the fact that they have "removal" all over their website. Seemed like a bit of a con to me.
MrsAH Posts: 3715
Scarlett, You can only shave between sessions, no waxing, no Veet etc. As for the pain, I'm told it hurts for around 3 seconds and then dies off. I'll let you know next month! I'm going for underarm and a hollywood.